G skill ddr2 1066?

jijoslin

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
I just installed two gig sticks of g skill along with two one gig sticks of kingston 800mhz memory for a total of 6 gigs,however it lowered my windows experience score for ram from 6.8 to 6.5, when I re-installed the 4gigs of kingston ram it went back up to 6.8, can anyone explain this?

Solution
As Saint said, the chips are likely running at 800mhz, the question is did the timings/voltage change.
Using cpu-id check the spd settings on both brands, look for the values when running at 800mhz as listed as well as the voltage. If one set requires 2.0v and the other 1.9v to run at 800mhz 5-5-5-15 you may need to set voltage up to 2.0v and input timings manualy. I think after you do that the WIE will come back up or increase. would like to know what you find out, good luck.
I never thought of jesus christ as an apprentice but if you say so.
Hi.

Easy answer. WIE sucks, that score isn't good to know the real performance of ur rig.

Now, if ur Kingston RAM is @ 800MHz and the G.Skill is @ 1066 all ur RAM is running @ 800MHz or more slow since the specs for 800 and 1066 aren't the same.

roonj

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2009
As Saint said, the chips are likely running at 800mhz, the question is did the timings/voltage change.
Using cpu-id check the spd settings on both brands, look for the values when running at 800mhz as listed as well as the voltage. If one set requires 2.0v and the other 1.9v to run at 800mhz 5-5-5-15 you may need to set voltage up to 2.0v and input timings manualy. I think after you do that the WIE will come back up or increase. would like to know what you find out, good luck.
I never thought of jesus christ as an apprentice but if you say so.

Solution