Closed

hitachi hdd S/N???

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
June 23, 2004 4:08:05 PM

Could You help me with getting a S/N for my Hitachi Hard Disk Drive? I have
checked the front and backside of the hdd and I can't find it.
Hdd model: DK23BA-20
there are few 8pin numbers but these are not S/N (These number is necessary
to make a low level format on Hitachi Fitness Test, but they don't work)

Will You help me, how to find this number?
I can send a photo of the hdd if necessary

Regards
Maciej

More about : hitachi hdd

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 23, 2004 4:08:06 PM

uysy wrote:
> Could You help me with getting a S/N for my Hitachi Hard Disk Drive?
> I have checked the front and backside of the hdd and I can't find it.
> Hdd model: DK23BA-20
> there are few 8pin numbers but these are not S/N (These number is
> necessary to make a low level format on Hitachi Fitness Test, but
> they don't work)
>
> Will You help me, how to find this number?
> I can send a photo of the hdd if necessary
>
> Regards
> Maciej

Go to http://www.lavalys.com/ and download a copy of Everest personal
edition. Install, and run. In the Storage, ATA section, the serial
number of the drive is listed. SiSoft Sandra also will reveal the
serial number.

a b D Laptop
June 25, 2004 2:28:50 PM

Hmmm....nothing worked.
Hitachi fitness test displays hard drive, but under SERIAL NUMBER is blank
place.
MH-IDE.EXE has problems with finding hard drive.
There is no chance to start sisoft sandra, because i't windows soft and i
have no possibility to install on this hdd windows ;-)

So generally I have no other idea what to do...maybe there is a service
serial number which works on all drives? :]

Maciej
a b D Laptop
June 25, 2004 4:14:04 PM

Re: "There is no chance to start sisoft sandra, because i't windows soft
and i have no possibility to install on this hdd windows ;-)"

You could mount the drive in a desktop as a 2nd (3rd, whatever) hard
drive, accessing it from the desktop's "normal" hard drive.

From your description, it's possible that the drive isn't even being
seen, in which case it's probably toast, no matter what you do.

uysy wrote:
> Hmmm....nothing worked.
> Hitachi fitness test displays hard drive, but under SERIAL NUMBER is blank
> place.
> MH-IDE.EXE has problems with finding hard drive.
> There is no chance to start sisoft sandra, because i't windows soft and i
> have no possibility to install on this hdd windows ;-)
>
> So generally I have no other idea what to do...maybe there is a service
> serial number which works on all drives? :]
>
> Maciej

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 25, 2004 11:04:24 PM

I know that it sounds strange but hdd is only seen in laptop bios and in
hitachi fitness diagnostic program ( I made even a photo so I can prove it
:)
When I connect it to desktop comp...it doesn't detect anything (connection
cable is fine, works withother drives perfectly)
So I don't know if it is totally toasted or only partly? :p

Regards,
Maciej
June 10, 2011 12:16:30 PM

hey i have read ur stuff i can't help u but i guess u can ..even i got Hitachi SATA hard drive of 500GB...ma problem ..is my system does not detects the hardware in BIOs and not even in the windows can u suggest me something ?
a b D Laptop
June 12, 2011 2:47:37 AM

This topic has been closed by Buwish
!