Closed

hitachi hdd S/N???

Could You help me with getting a S/N for my Hitachi Hard Disk Drive? I have
checked the front and backside of the hdd and I can't find it.
Hdd model: DK23BA-20
there are few 8pin numbers but these are not S/N (These number is necessary
to make a low level format on Hitachi Fitness Test, but they don't work)

Will You help me, how to find this number?
I can send a photo of the hdd if necessary

Regards
Maciej
6 answers Last reply
More about hitachi

    uysy wrote:
    > Could You help me with getting a S/N for my Hitachi Hard Disk Drive?
    > I have checked the front and backside of the hdd and I can't find it.
    > Hdd model: DK23BA-20
    > there are few 8pin numbers but these are not S/N (These number is
    > necessary to make a low level format on Hitachi Fitness Test, but
    > they don't work)
    >
    > Will You help me, how to find this number?
    > I can send a photo of the hdd if necessary
    >
    > Regards
    > Maciej

    Go to http://www.lavalys.com/ and download a copy of Everest personal
    edition. Install, and run. In the Storage, ATA section, the serial
    number of the drive is listed. SiSoft Sandra also will reveal the
    serial number.

    Hmmm....nothing worked.
    Hitachi fitness test displays hard drive, but under SERIAL NUMBER is blank
    place.
    MH-IDE.EXE has problems with finding hard drive.
    There is no chance to start sisoft sandra, because i't windows soft and i
    have no possibility to install on this hdd windows ;-)

    So generally I have no other idea what to do...maybe there is a service
    serial number which works on all drives? :]

    Maciej

    Re: "There is no chance to start sisoft sandra, because i't windows soft
    and i have no possibility to install on this hdd windows ;-)"

    You could mount the drive in a desktop as a 2nd (3rd, whatever) hard
    drive, accessing it from the desktop's "normal" hard drive.

    From your description, it's possible that the drive isn't even being
    seen, in which case it's probably toast, no matter what you do.

    uysy wrote:
    > Hmmm....nothing worked.
    > Hitachi fitness test displays hard drive, but under SERIAL NUMBER is blank
    > place.
    > MH-IDE.EXE has problems with finding hard drive.
    > There is no chance to start sisoft sandra, because i't windows soft and i
    > have no possibility to install on this hdd windows ;-)
    >
    > So generally I have no other idea what to do...maybe there is a service
    > serial number which works on all drives? :]
    >
    > Maciej

    I know that it sounds strange but hdd is only seen in laptop bios and in
    hitachi fitness diagnostic program ( I made even a photo so I can prove it
    :)
    When I connect it to desktop comp...it doesn't detect anything (connection
    cable is fine, works withother drives perfectly)
    So I don't know if it is totally toasted or only partly? :P

    Regards,
    Maciej
  5. hey i have read ur stuff i can't help u but i guess u can ..even i got Hitachi SATA hard drive of 500GB...ma problem ..is my system does not detects the hardware in BIOs and not even in the windows can u suggest me something ?
  6. This topic has been closed by Buwish

Hitachi Hard Drives Laptops