newbie question: how to migrate winXPPro/SP2 to new harddr..

hi there,
I wanna migrate my winXP to a new hard drive
wihout reinstall it
anyone can help me pls?
thanks
dieu

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Accessories > System Tools > Files and Settings Transfer Wizard

"D. Phan" <nospam@myISP.com> wrote in message
> hi there,
> I wanna migrate my winXP to a new hard drive wihout reinstall it
> anyone can help me pls?
> thanks
> dieu

That won't eliminate the need to first reinstall.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

> Accessories > System Tools > Files and Settings Transfer Wizard
>
> "D. Phan" <nospam@myISP.com> wrote in message
>> hi there,
>> I wanna migrate my winXP to a new hard drive wihout reinstall it
>> anyone can help me pls?
>> thanks
>> dieu

The only way to do this is with imaging software such as Drive Image or
Norton Ghost, both now owned by Symantec, www.symantec.com.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User
Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/

"D. Phan" <nospam@myISP.com> wrote in message
> hi there,
> I wanna migrate my winXP to a new hard drive wihout reinstall it
> anyone can help me pls?
> thanks
> dieu

Most HD manufacturers offer cloning programs
check the websites.

Western Digital's works very well and quick!