How to increase transfer rate of USB3.0 up to max..

lalit_49

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
hello,
i have USB 3.0 hard drive and system is core i7 process that support USB 3.0,ram 4GB DDR3.
i have also installed USB 3.0 driver.
i am getting 10 mbps transfer rate i want to increase to max level..
i want to use USB3.0 Hard drive of transfer rate up to maximum..

please help me...

thank you..

Solution
Helpfull if you provide MB, or laptop make model.
Some quicky questions:
(1) Did you go into Bios and make sure that USB3 support was enabled (some bios also include a "speed" selection)?
(2) Have you updated/verified that you are using the latest driver for the USB 3 chipset? (Intel does not support USB3 so this is a 3rd party controller. Upcoming Intel Ivybridge will support USB3)
(3) dumb question but need to ask, Is the enclosure USB 3 ?
(4) Did you try in a USB 2 port and if so what was the transfer rate compared to when plugged into USB 3?

Side comment, If you want the fastest transfer, then use esata for a HDD.
Helpfull if you provide MB, or laptop make model.
Some quicky questions:
(1) Did you go into Bios and make sure that USB3 support was enabled (some bios also include a "speed" selection)?
(2) Have you updated/verified that you are using the latest driver for the USB 3 chipset? (Intel does not support USB3 so this is a 3rd party controller. Upcoming Intel Ivybridge will support USB3)
(3) dumb question but need to ask, Is the enclosure USB 3 ?
(4) Did you try in a USB 2 port and if so what was the transfer rate compared to when plugged into USB 3?

Side comment, If you want the fastest transfer, then use esata for a HDD.

Solution
Is the device you're using really a hard drive or is it a flash memory drive? Most flash drives have pretty slow transfer rates (although normally the USB 3.0-capable ones are better).

The reason I ask is that I often hear people refer to flash drives as "USB hard drives", so I thought it was something that might need clarification.

ishanvadera

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013
My HDD (both inbuilt sata and external WD) starts transferring at 120Gbps and suddenly it reduces to under 30 for the rest of the transfer. How can I make it keep transferring at 130Gbps. Oh and I have Win8.