Sign in with
Your question

FX-4100 with Gigabyte M68MT S2 problems

Last response: in Overclocking
April 24, 2012 8:23:05 AM

Whenever I try turn the multiplier up, I have the option to go to 35x but if I put it any higher then 19x, it goes back to auto. My pc normally runs at 18.5x anyways so I have to put it to 19x and change the base clock but when i turn the base clock up and I get my cpu past 4.0Ghz, then it will take about a minute for it to go into post.

Now I don't want any of these "duhhhhhhh, sell it and buy a phenom" butthurt posts because that's not what I was asking for.

If someone has an answer, I'd be great-full. Thanks!
April 25, 2012 6:46:52 PM

I think it's an issue with my mobo because if I change the base clock, sometimes it will stop at post saying something about safe mode and resetting the clock will fix it. There will be an option to continue or go into bios.
May 21, 2012 3:16:09 PM

I have the EXACT same problem as you, have you solved the issue yet I also need help :( 
Related resources
May 22, 2012 11:27:09 PM

Only once it booted fine at 4Ghz without this system safe mode stuff. :( 
May 23, 2012 4:50:29 PM

I found out it is the mobo, it is very limited in terms of overclocking, bad times :( .
May 30, 2012 4:10:40 PM

Yeah, I already know this but I did get it to overclock some how. I just want to know if to continue with this "system safe mode". I'd post a picture but no-one seems to want to help.
May 30, 2012 5:50:20 PM

Well safe mode is a downgraded version of windows where you can access the PC basics, therefore not requiring full start up, I use it if I need to uninstall something and my computer crashes, I do it in safe mode, basically, safe mode = BASIC PC. i.e no games or internet. So I guess we're completely done for :-(. I can only reach 3.8, such a shame as my friends running at 4.4 Lets pray someone stumbles across this and knows how to fix it, fingers crossed.
June 5, 2012 12:23:45 PM

No, system safe mode. Not windows safe mode.
June 11, 2012 4:51:11 PM

System Safe Mode? Ah I don't know then, I'm guessing it would be similar to Windows Safe Mode.
!