constepatdyak

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2011
Hey guys, currently running GTX 570 Gigabyte windforce 3x edition. Using MSI Afterburner for OCing, now at 815/1630/1900 (Left memory clock @ default because some people saying it's bad for 570 to touch mem clock.) I run BF3/Furmark, and load temperatures are at the max 58'CELCIUS with avg room temp of 23'C.

The problem is, sometimes when I run Furmark I get small artefacts around the huge circle, while tempreatures are not going past 55'C usually.

Is this the result of an unstable OC? Because I started at 780mhz...went all the way up to 860mhz without artifacts and overheating, BUT BF3 seemed to crash at those high speeds.

BF3 does not crash at this clock (815/1630mhz), but furmark shows weird artefacts. So it's kind of like double edged sword Lol.

Noob to GPU OC, so can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Specs if it's relevant
Asrock Z68 E3 Gen3
2500k @4.5ghz
16GB Vengeance 1600mhz
900W Antec
GTX 570 Gigabyte Windforce 3X

Quaddro

Distinguished
furmark push your gpu processor to the limit. that's why any error that happen, represented with "artifact" in furmark.
Be careful, because this artifact can be permanent..

BF 3 do not push your gpu as hard as furmark, that's why it seems okay and not give you any bsod or crash..

i suggest you to decrease your overclock setting, or raise your gpu/mem voltage.

but i prefer to lower the overclock ..