Another example of not integrating AT&TWS into Cingular.

Cingular has decided on where almost $1 billion dollars in advertising
is going. They could decide between AT&TWS former partner Mediaedge, and
the folks that have been handling Advertising for Cingular : Omicron OMD.

So who did they chose? BOTH, they split the work. I guess its too
complicated to flip a coin.

<http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=628&ncid=1293&e=8&u=/adw
eek/20050309/ad_bpiaw/hotlinesmediaedgeomdtosplit925milcingularmediawork>

> Cingular has decided on where almost $1 billion dollars in advertising
> is going. They could decide between AT&TWS former partner Mediaedge, and
> the folks that have been handling Advertising for Cingular : Omicron OMD.
>
> So who did they chose? BOTH, they split the work. I guess its too
> complicated to flip a coin.

SNIP

Or they get more bang for their buck by splitting the money and having firms
compete for the buisness.

TC

"Tony Clark" <curiousgeorge1964@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Or they get more bang for their buck by splitting the money and having
firms
> compete for the buisness.

Exactly- maybe Jack needs to learn about big business. I can think of two
other national cellular providers that have multiple advertising firms under
contract.

> Or they get more bang for their buck by splitting the money and having firms
> compete for the buisness.

Or they have reassessed the situation and realized that one may be more
efficient or to thier liking or other external factors that give one
company a comparable advantage in print, and the other in braodcasting.

TH

In article <422FCC83.1010103@example.net>,
Tropical Haven <user@example.net> wrote:

> > Or they get more bang for their buck by splitting the money and having
> > firms
> > compete for the buisness.
>
> Or they have reassessed the situation and realized that one may be more
> efficient or to thier liking or other external factors that give one
> company a comparable advantage in print, and the other in braodcasting.
>
> TH

If you're just guessing, then the more likely answer is they just arent
nearly integrated yet. And why was the URL snipped out? Let folks decide
for themselves.

In article <LdOXd.4788$oO4.932@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
"Tony Clark" <curiousgeorge1964@hotmail.com> wrote:

> "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> > Cingular has decided on where almost $1 billion dollars in advertising
> > is going. They could decide between AT&TWS former partner Mediaedge, and
> > the folks that have been handling Advertising for Cingular : Omicron OMD.
> >
> > So who did they chose? BOTH, they split the work. I guess its too
> > complicated to flip a coin.
> >
> SNIP
>
> Or they get more bang for their buck by splitting the money and having firms
> compete for the buisness.
>
> TC

WHY THE SNIP???

In article <jzwick3-E9EAE5.16401809032005@news1.west.earthlink.net>,
Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:

> Cingular has decided on where almost $1 billion dollars in advertising
> is going. They could decide between AT&TWS former partner Mediaedge, and
> the folks that have been handling Advertising for Cingular : Omicron OMD.
>
> So who did they chose? BOTH, they split the work. I guess its too
> complicated to flip a coin.
>
> <http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=628&ncid=1293&e=8&u=/adw
> eek/20050309/ad_bpiaw/hotlinesmediaedgeomdtosplit925milcingularmediawork>

Let folks read the URL and decide for themselves.

>>Or they have reassessed the situation and realized that one may be more
>>efficient or to thier liking or other external factors that give one
>>company a comparable advantage in print, and the other in braodcasting.
>>
>>TH
>
> If you're just guessing, then the more likely answer is they just arent
> nearly integrated yet. And why was the URL snipped out? Let folks decide
> for themselves.

Or someone can "climb up the thread" and take a look at the mangled URL
for himself.

Not sure about you, but I'm not sure on how choosing advertising firms
is directly compared to the integration of infrastructure.

TH

In article <42308AA4.9010407@example.net>,
Tropical Haven <user@example.net> wrote:

> >>Or they have reassessed the situation and realized that one may be more
> >>efficient or to thier liking or other external factors that give one
> >>company a comparable advantage in print, and the other in braodcasting.
> >>
> >>TH
> >
> > If you're just guessing, then the more likely answer is they just arent
> > nearly integrated yet. And why was the URL snipped out? Let folks decide
> > for themselves.
>
> Or someone can "climb up the thread" and take a look at the mangled URL
> for himself.
>
> Not sure about you, but I'm not sure on how choosing advertising firms
> is directly compared to the integration of infrastructure.

When they cant decide whether to choose the Cingulaer ad firm or the
ATTWS ad firm, it looks bad.

And why are you afraid of folks actually reading the story and always
snipping the URL ? ? ? Its not mangled, just long.

<http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=628&ncid=1293&e=8&u=/adw
eek/20050309/ad_bpiaw/hotlinesmediaedgeomdtosplit925milcingularmediawork>
Many folks are diffident to use a "TinyURL" as they cant be sure where
it might lead them, so I always use the actual URL.

> Many folks are diffident to use a "TinyURL" as they cant be sure where
> it might lead them, so I always use the actual URL.

Why not post both?

In article <4230A834.2080908@example.net>,
Tropical Haven <user@example.net> wrote:

> > Many folks are diffident to use a "TinyURL" as they cant be sure where
> > it might lead them, so I always use the actual URL.
>
> Why not post both?

Why post neither?

> In article <4230A834.2080908@example.net>,
> Tropical Haven <user@example.net> wrote:
>
>> > Many folks are diffident to use a "TinyURL" as they cant be sure where
>> > it might lead them, so I always use the actual URL.
>>
>> Why not post both?
>
> Why post neither?
>
> <http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=628&ncid=1293&e=8&u=/adw
> eek/20050309/ad_bpiaw/hotlinesmediaedgeomdtosplit925milcingularmediawork>

Well as the person who snipped the URL in my response I guess I should weigh
in here. First, there's no reason to duplicate a URL that is readily
available in the original post. Snipping is meant to reduce the amount of
redundant text and therefore potentially save some bandwidth for those folks
who may not have the luxury of broadband access. Second, your 'long' URL
doesn't translate well into net news. In fact on my system it's not
'clickable' in the original post and has to be cut and pasted into my
browser. Granted this is a minor annoyance but no more so that it would have
been to include a Tiny URL that is clickable.

Cingulaer ad firm or the ATTWS ad firm, it looks bad." I would have to
disagree. There are many reasons why they might choose to use multiple ad
agencies including but not limited to the following: Cost, coverage areas,
expertise in certain types of advertising such as print versus broadcast,
different ad campaigns aimed at different target markets and last but not
least perhaps they are trying to determine which agency can produce the best
results.

You seem to be drawing a (negative) conclusion here with little or no
evidence to support your assertions. If an acorn fell out of a tree and hit
you in the head would you run around proclaiming that the sky is falling?

TC

> In article <LdOXd.4788$oO4.932@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
SNIP

> WHY THE SNIP???

See my response above. Dude you seem to be overreacting, if people want to
read the article they can get the URL from your post.

TC

> Well as the person who snipped the URL in my response I guess I should weigh
> in here. First, there's no reason to duplicate a URL that is readily
> available in the original post. Snipping is meant to reduce the amount of
> redundant text and therefore potentially save some bandwidth for those folks
> who may not have the luxury of broadband access. Second, your 'long' URL
> doesn't translate well into net news. In fact on my system it's not
> 'clickable' in the original post and has to be cut and pasted into my
> browser. Granted this is a minor annoyance but no more so that it would have
> been to include a Tiny URL that is clickable.

> Cingulaer ad firm or the ATTWS ad firm, it looks bad." I would have to
> disagree. There are many reasons why they might choose to use multiple ad
> agencies including but not limited to the following: Cost, coverage areas,
> expertise in certain types of advertising such as print versus broadcast,
> different ad campaigns aimed at different target markets and last but not
> least perhaps they are trying to determine which agency can produce the best
> results.
>
> You seem to be drawing a (negative) conclusion here with little or no
> evidence to support your assertions. If an acorn fell out of a tree and hit
> you in the head would you run around proclaiming that the sky is falling?
>
> TC

I bet only a Chickel Little would do something like that.

TH