Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims-2,alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

I have several sims that have blank wants - just empty squares. They still
have fears, and the fears "rotate" at the appropriate times, but there's
nothing showing up for the wants. I went from playing one house that was
fine (2 people, 1 pregnant), to playing another one, where the (pregnant)
female had this problem. I tried "deleting" her with the "move_objects on"
cheat, but it didn't fix it. I ended up deleting the family. Then, I went
to play a different family, and found that 1 out of those 3 also had this
problem, as did 1 of 2 in a third house. I'm not sure what else to try.
Suggestions?

Joanna

Allura nee Gwendolyn nee Veren wrote:
> I have several sims that have blank wants - just empty squares. They
> still have fears, and the fears "rotate" at the appropriate times,
> but there's nothing showing up for the wants. I went from playing
> one house that was fine (2 people, 1 pregnant), to playing another
> one, where the (pregnant) female had this problem. I tried "deleting"
> her with the "move_objects on" cheat, but it didn't fix it. I ended
> up deleting the family. Then, I went to play a different family, and
> found that 1 out of those 3 also had this problem, as did 1 of 2 in a
> third house. I'm not sure what else to try. Suggestions?
>
> Joanna

None. It's a bug that should (I say should because who knows?) be fixed in
the forthcoming patch...
on salads.

"Allura nee Gwendolyn nee Veren" <AlluraUni@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have several sims that have blank wants - just empty squares. They still
>have fears, and the fears "rotate" at the appropriate times, but there's
>nothing showing up for the wants. I went from playing one house that was
>fine (2 people, 1 pregnant), to playing another one, where the (pregnant)
>female had this problem. I tried "deleting" her with the "move_objects on"
>cheat, but it didn't fix it. I ended up deleting the family. Then, I went
>to play a different family, and found that 1 out of those 3 also had this
>problem, as did 1 of 2 in a third house. I'm not sure what else to try.
>Suggestions?

I've had that happen. It does resolve itself eventually.

Gareeth

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims-2,alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Allura nee Gwendolyn nee Veren wrote:

> I have several sims that have blank wants - just empty squares. They still
> have fears, and the fears "rotate" at the appropriate times, but there's
> nothing showing up for the wants.

I have never seen that incident, but some human being don't know exactly
what they want, and sims are much like human beings.

> I'm not sure what else to try.
> Suggestions?

Go on without the wants, if you can do that. You can probably react to
their needs related to jobs, living and personalities.

Best regards,
Boerge

> "Allura nee Gwendolyn nee Veren" <AlluraUni@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>I have several sims that have blank wants - just empty squares.

> I've had that happen. It does resolve itself eventually.

Did you have to do anything? Move them out?

To me, it's making the affected charactesrs unplayable - I got bored with
TS1, before they added the Wants/Fears to TS2. I tried deleteing, and going
back into the house, but that didn't work.

They're all adults, but someone said it fixed itself when the sim had their
age transition. I haven't played with SimsPE, but any idea if sending them
back to teen would fix it? Or something? I really want to play them as
adults, though.

I had such a great neighborhood set up, too. I don't want to delete them!

Joanna

> Did you have to do anything? Move them out?

I didn't do anything. After the Sim slept a few times eventually all the
bars filled up again. I wouldn't worry about it.

Gareeth

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims-2,alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Allura nee Gwendolyn nee Veren" <AlluraUni@gmail.com> wrote in message
> "Gareeth" <Gareethnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Allura nee Gwendolyn nee Veren" <AlluraUni@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>>I have several sims that have blank wants - just empty squares.
>
>> I've had that happen. It does resolve itself eventually.
>
> Did you have to do anything? Move them out?
>
> To me, it's making the affected charactesrs unplayable - I got bored with
> TS1, before they added the Wants/Fears to TS2. I tried deleteing, and
> going back into the house, but that didn't work.

Seems to fix itself for me when the sim in question has his regular turnover
of aspirations, whether it's because I've satisfied one that was showing, or
he woke up after sleeping for several hours, or he got home from
work/school, etc.

"Charles Whitney" <cbillingsw@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Seems to fix itself for me when the sim in question has his regular
> turnover of aspirations, whether it's because I've satisfied one that was
> showing, or he woke up after sleeping for several hours, or he got home
> from work/school, etc.

Doh. I guess I shouldn't have been so eager to delete that one
family......;)

Thanks,
Joanna

> "Charles Whitney" <cbillingsw@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>> Seems to fix itself for me when the sim in question has his regular
>> turnover of aspirations, whether it's because I've satisfied one that was
>> showing, or he woke up after sleeping for several hours, or he got home
>> from work/school, etc.
>
> Doh. I guess I shouldn't have been so eager to delete that one
> family......;)

Btw, when the blank aspirations happened to me, they seemed to happen
because the sim had just accomplished an aspiration and I immediately sent
him on to do something else. He would start talking to his wife or
something before his aspirations had finished spinning. It's entirely
possible that in that situation, he had an aspiration to talk to his wife,
but since he was doing that as the aspiration was going to come up, it
"broke" it.

Just a guess.

TRENDING THREADS