TRYING TO CONNECT MY COMPUTER TO MY T.V! I AM FRUSTERATED!

Repo523

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2009
I'm trying to connect my PC with an Nvidia Geforce 7600 gs( lame I know, but it was cheap) to a Philips 37pf9431d TV. I have bought a DVI/HDMI cable and connected one end to the DVI output and the other end to one of the HDMI inputs on the TV. I have absolutely no image on my screen. While using nvidia control panel, it recognized it as Philips FTV, and said I was connected through VGA which is incorrect I was connected through DVI. To my knowledge I have tried everything except for buying new stuff, because I can't afford it and I would prefer not to. Please help me it's frustrating me majorly

Repo523

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2009

If you mean is it connected to the HDMI slot, then yes it is. Or if you mean is the TV channel selected to the HDMI channel then yes it is as well.

Repo523

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2009

The video card is an EVGA Nvidia card, and I have downloaded the most recent driver from there website, because I bought the card off Ebay, and it didn't come with an Installation disk, so my only option was to download from the EVGA website.

Repo523

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2009

Any chance I could get you to post the link for that driver, because I can't seem to find it. Or does it matter?

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
You may or may not know this so.
1-Turn off computer/TV
2-Connect cable. I also wouldn't use an adapter if you can go dvi-dvi That's personally what I would do. As it removes one less part/problem.
3-Turn on TV *select setting on tv*
4-Turn on computer. You should see your bios loading on both screens at least mine always did.
5-Go into video card settings. Clone/extend screen.
6-WIN

If the bios doesn't even show like I said I'd go for straight hook up without any adapters. At least at first, you can always go back to hdmi later if you get it working.

Repo523

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2009

That didn't work.