Distinguished
Mar 2, 2006
Hey guys and Gals -

I just put in a order with Newegg for the following -

1 60Gb Agility 3 60GB SSD
1 120GB AGility 3
Asus Z68 Deluxe Gen 3
and I5 2500k...

Wondering if I should use the smaller SSD as a cache drive and use the bigger one for OS and a few games OR just use both SSD's "normally" and have one for OS and a few apps and the larger for games etc? IS 60gb too big to be a cache drive?

I got a little trigger happy on "buying now" before really thinking about it so I'm doing my research on SSD usage a little late :)

I also picked up a couple of cavier black 1TB drives to go along with a couple that I already have which will liekly be in RAID for my main storage... and then I already have a couple of 2TB external drives to serve as backups...

Any suggestions on how to best setup the SSD's on my new rig are greatly appreciated!

There is really no reason to use a SSD for a cache when the OS is on a SSD. The SRT from Intel was designed more for conventional hdd's and they would benefit greatly from a ssd cache. The cache drive can be up to 64gb and anything over 30gb would be a waste of space as the SRT was designed for a 20gb SSD. I would put only put the OS on the smaller SSD and your games and frequently used apps on the larger SSD. I have a similar setup with my OS on a Corsair 180gb SSD and my games and apps on an OCZ RevoDrive 240gb.