Need help recovering files from a crashed hdd!!!

Hazmat55

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2011
Ok guys, i am going to break down each thing problem in the order that it happened?

1st HDD crashed black screen, disk boot error! WD4000KD 400 gb

i went ahead and bought a Startech HDD docking station, i read that you can still recover your files by using this SATA to USB dock, basically plug n play, it should show up as a mass storage unit...well it doesnt, i have a i5 toshiba laptop win 7, i hook it up just like the direction call for through usb,
two things happened,
one it installed drivers to use the drive,
two it makes the beep noise as if its connected to the laptop.

i go and check if it appears in my computer, and it doesnt, i check under disk management, and it doesnt,
the drive is working i hear it spinning, its not making any kind of clicking or anything, so what am i doing wrong?

how do i get my laptop to acknowlege the drive through the usb.

Second but similar, the secondary HDD is an seagate barracuda 7200 1500 gb

this drive when i connect it through the SATA to USB dock it does show up in D

ukee1593

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2009
Whether you can retrieve your files depends on how exactly your HDD crashed. If the HDD has a large amount of corrupted sectors which are over important windows files it may cause the windows install to crash. With this error you should be able to retrieve your files providing that they are not affected by the corrupted sectors.

However if the HDD crashed and the heads/disk were physically damaged as a result, the entire HDD will be damaged and unreadable. No matter what you do you will not be able to read the HDD again.

If the data is VERY important you can send it to a data recovery firm who can manually remove the platters and analyse them with expensive equipment to recover your data. This is very expensive (Thousands of Dollars) and not viable for the majority of home users.

assassin123

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
hmmm. . . Bro i think that the crashesd hdd had gone forever and its files can't be recover because once gone will never come again so please try new hdd am i right or if not so please correct me

toniss

Honorable
Jul 2, 2012
Hi...

There is nothing to worry about your crashed hard drive. You can easily recover hard drive files and all the USB drive files by using Recover USB Drive Software. It supports recovery of data from USB dives which is lost due to accidentally formatting the USB drives and also can restore lost and deleted files from USB drives including pen drives, external USB hard drives etc. To know more about the software use this link...
http://www.recoverusb.com/
Also you can download the demo version of software here by using this one...
http://www.recoverusb.com/download/recoverusb-windows.exe