Multiple cooling set-ups which raise questions I need answered!

Dale_

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012
Hello,

Well first of all, I asked a question earlier today enquiring as to whether or not a H100 could be mounted in a push/pull config inside a Carbide 500R, after a long time searching the web it would seem the answer is no, unless the top lid is removed, which I don't particularly want to do.

So now I am torn between the H100 in push OR pull only and the Noctua NH-D14. At this point I think the majority would still say the H100 is best, but what raises more questions for me is the various configurations the Noctua can be set up in; for instance a push/pull set-up or a triple fan set-up. However this would only increase the size of the already giant Noctua, could this reduce the airflow?

So I guess what I'm asking is, what is the best fan config for the Noctua and is it better than the push OR pull only H100? To give a little bit of context this would be for a moderately overclocked system inside a Corsair Carbide 500R.

If anyone reading this has first-hand experience with either of these two coolers or the 500R, please give your opinion. Links to reviews and pictures would be great too!

Thanks,
Dale.

:)

Dale_

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012

Wow, when you look at it that way, it does seem a bit of a waste really, an extra £25 to go towards something else I suppose.