Multiple cooling set-ups which raise questions I need answered!

Hello,

Well first of all, I asked a question earlier today enquiring as to whether or not a H100 could be mounted in a push/pull config inside a Carbide 500R, after a long time searching the web it would seem the answer is no, unless the top lid is removed, which I don't particularly want to do.

So now I am torn between the H100 in push OR pull only and the Noctua NH-D14. At this point I think the majority would still say the H100 is best, but what raises more questions for me is the various configurations the Noctua can be set up in; for instance a push/pull set-up or a triple fan set-up. However this would only increase the size of the already giant Noctua, could this reduce the airflow?

So I guess what I'm asking is, what is the best fan config for the Noctua and is it better than the push OR pull only H100? To give a little bit of context this would be for a moderately overclocked system inside a Corsair Carbide 500R.

If anyone reading this has first-hand experience with either of these two coolers or the 500R, please give your opinion. Links to reviews and pictures would be great too!

Thanks,
Dale.

:)
3 answers Last reply
More about multiple cooling raise questions answered
  1. Between those options?
    Noctua all the way,
    if you go water you go big, and nerfing an all in one by not having the maximum cooling potential is silly and a waste of your money
    Moto
  2. Motopsychojdn said:
    Between those options?
    Noctua all the way,
    if you go water you go big, and nerfing an all in one by not having the maximum cooling potential is silly and a waste of your money
    Moto

Wow, when you look at it that way, it does seem a bit of a waste really, an extra £25 to go towards something else I suppose.
  3. No problem man, glad to help, and if you do go for a real waterloop, we're here to help :-)
    Moto
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Configuration Overclocking