Unstable: Crosshair IV Formula and CORSAIR 4GB DDR3 XMS3 DOMINATOR PC3-12800 160

crabster

Distinguished
May 28, 2010
I'm having system stability issues. My system is as following:

Crosshair IV Formula
Phenom II x6 1090T
Corsair 4GB DDR3 XMS3 Dominator PC3-12800 1600MHZ CL8 (Corsair Product number: CMD4GX3M2B1600C8)
XFX Radeon 5870
WD Greenpower 1.5TB
WD Greenpower 1TB
Various fans.
Corsair H50 cooler with 2x Noctua fans in Push\pull.
CoolerMaster RealPower 620W

My problem is system hangs and various bluescreens. Can happend at any moment, from random messing around in windows, to gaming, to stresstesting.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

etc.

My question is, does anyone have this board, cpu and same memory? According to Corsair, they're 'AMD' RAMs, but the Asus QVL doesn't list them as compatible. So, is my system unstable because the RAMs are not compatible, or is it because my RAMs are broken perhaps?

Wierd thing is it runs problemfree through Memtest (booted from a cd)

Also I've tried 1 and 1 DIMM, in all 4 slots, every possible combination. I've tried changing harddrives, I've gotten a new motherboard in RMA from where I bought it.

crabster

Distinguished
May 28, 2010
Nevermind. I found the error was on my part all along. Sigh.

I feel quite dumb, the error was I was trying to run the RAM at 8-8-8-21 instead of 8-8-8-24.

Oh, the shame.

G

woah hey, i have the same problem with the same ram, when i put 1 bar in it works, when i put 2 in i get those blue screens too, please tell me how to fix it? working with 2gb ram sucks :p
thanks in advance