No signal after transporting computer!

TimboAK_49

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
hey there, last night i decided to bring my computer out to my mothers for thanks giving so everyone could play games exc. everything was working fine, i shut down the computer packed it up, and took it for a 45 minute drive. Once i had gotten to my moms, the first thing i do is hook the computer up, and figures, with my luck...the screen says no signal, i tried vga and hdmi, i tried another monitor, and still, no signal, i also reseated both video cards, reseated the cpu unplugged everything and plugged it all back in, cleared the cmos..nothing, absolutely nothing works, im really stumped on what to do, i was wondering if maybe it was because i had set the computer on a tire in the back seat, maybe the rim of the tire had effected the internal components of the computer...but that doesnt seem too likely..The computer does look like its booting up as normal, the hard drive light blinks normally and appears to be thinking...so im under the impression something happend to 1 or both of my video cards..my specs below! any thoughts would be appreciated!

p5e3 deluxe wifi mobo
4gb ddr3 1333 gskill ram
2 visiontek 512mb 4870's crossfire
q6600 cpu with aftermarket cooler
obsolete bfg ppu (lol)
LG blu-ray player
850 watt power supply

TimboAK_49

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009

so..i did like you said and tried the other video card..vwalla..works! but now i have a none working 4870...hmm..is there any way to flash it and make it work again? or am i pretty SOL and have to rma it?

amnotanoobie

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2006
Have you tried removing the memory and video card, clean up the connectors then put it back again. In the times that I traveled with a cpu (a friend's or mine), something always seems to come loose. (Not really sure why)

TimboAK_49

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
hey thank you guys for your replies...my girlfriend just went out to black friday...i still had the packaging and original parts..so i had her bring the card with her to best buy and see if she cn exchange it..hopefully whoever is at the desk will be so overwhelmed with customers they will just give me a 4970 lol...i told her to give em a tough time haha..shes good at that! XD

TimboAK_49

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009

you bet! ;)

kind of a bummer...card died between me turning it off driving it somewhere and plugging it back in...gay..second one is acting up now :S