GA-Z68X-UD4-B3
G Skill ripjaws 1600 8gb
i5 2500K
GTS 250
Lite-On ihas324
Caviar Green 1.5 TB
Antec 620c neo eco
Antec 300 case

ok, where do I begin.... So my computer went into sleep mode.... its really hit or miss with this computer so when I finally get it back up and running, I will completely disable sleep mode.

Sometimes i can click the mouse and it wakes up with no problem, but sometimes it would reboot on its own and just keep trying to boot and restart.... continuous boot loop.... so when i want to remedy this, I just clear the cmos by unplugging the power supply and disconnecting the cmos battery.... it always worked up until tonight.

I tried to pull the battery and left it out for 60 minutes.. popped it back in and it won't let me get into bios. None of my keyboards will light up for me to hit delete to get into bios.... not even my PS2 keyboard.... it will just continue to turn on, and show the logo screen telling me to hit various keys for various functions and then it will reboot on its own and it will just continue to do this and will not let me hit a key to get into the BIOS screens....

I also tried to reset cmos by pullin the plug and putting a screwdriver on the reset cmos pins. I held it there for a good 10 seconds.... plugged it back in and tried to power up again and it goes back to the same old bullshiet and wont let me get into bios..... Any ideas?????
October 10, 2011 6:28:14 AM

You have to hit the power button when holding the screwdriver on the CMOS pins for it to reset.

Other than that, sounds like the motherboard could be faulty. Try removing everything from it except the CPU and boot. When it gives you a POST beep, add a stick of ram and the graphics card and try booting.
If that works OK, connect up the rest of your stuff one piece at a time.
Score
a b $ Windows 7
October 10, 2011 6:44:24 AM

Hi,

Gigabyte board should require the del key to enter the BIOS. You need to start tapping the del key continuously as soon as you start the computer.

Holding the del key down is no good. Tapping continuously is the proper way. Try again to start with.
Score
Related resources
October 10, 2011 6:52:16 AM

arael said:
You have to hit the power button when holding the screwdriver on the CMOS pins for it to reset.

Other than that, sounds like the motherboard could be faulty. Try removing everything from it except the CPU and boot. When it gives you a POST beep, add a stick of ram and the graphics card and try booting.
If that works OK, connect up the rest of your stuff one piece at a time.

Tried all of your suggestions..... still won't let me boot into bios

nikorr:

I have been trying that as well.....

really hope it isnt the motherboard..... i just had a problem with my last gigabyte board and now this one as well, gonna b hard livin off the laptop when im so in love with my PC
Score

Best solution

October 10, 2011 6:54:26 AM

If it's still under warranty I'd recommend sending it back to the place you bought it from/gigabyte to get tested.
That said, if it's not the fault it will cost you to get it checked.
a b $ Windows 7
October 10, 2011 6:54:54 AM

So if u disconnect the hard drive and optic drives, its still no go?

PSU? or Mobo?
Score
a b $ Windows 7
October 10, 2011 7:01:55 AM

It has 3 year warranty, so u are good if its faulty.
Score
October 10, 2011 7:14:47 AM

Yea, last thing I want to do is RMA it.... I do all my work on this rig and going back to my laptop would slow me down.... this rig is maybe only a month old so for sure warranties are still good....

just don't understand why resetting cmos worked before but now its a no go... It's gotta be something with windows 7 sleep..... only problems i've had from this has been when it went into sleep mode

Score
a b $ Windows 7
October 10, 2011 7:16:21 AM

Can u still boot in?
Score
October 10, 2011 7:25:50 AM

nikorr said:
Can u still boot in?

still won't boot.... i will continue to try everything and go through hundreds of more threads found on google since i work from home..... hopefully its not the mobo....

I still dont understand why the ps2 keyboard still won't be recognized... i just attached it to my old rig and it still works fine
Score
a b $ Windows 7
October 10, 2011 7:28:12 AM

Sounds like the mobo. But, did u try it without the keyboard?
Score
October 10, 2011 7:37:18 AM

nikorr said:
Sounds like the mobo. But, did u try it without the keyboard?

without the keyboard? i've tried the usb keyboard in all slots... also tried over and over with the ps2 keyboard with nothing else plugged in....
Score
a b $ Windows 7
October 10, 2011 7:38:42 AM

I was wondering what change it will bring, if any.
Score
October 10, 2011 8:12:56 AM

oh well.... Amazon is pretty awesome.... they are going to ship me a replacement free of charge tomorrow and give me 2 weeks to get my mobo back to them... didn't know they did replacements like that....

only thing that sucks is that now i have to buy more thermal compound... i guess thats not bad since they are shipping my items for free with 2 day service
Score
October 10, 2011 8:39:30 AM

Amazon (and some other companies like IBM) are great with shipping out a replacement BEFORE the dud one is returned. Most, however, are not.
Score
a b $ Windows 7
October 10, 2011 8:40:44 AM

Happened to me on WD raptor drive, but they charged deposit, till they got the drive back.

Got new one second day from RMA code print out : )

Wouldn't even post in BIOS : ( DOA
Score
October 10, 2011 8:59:12 AM

still didn't figure out why or what happened so anyone with the same problem googling this, sorry.... im just gonna take the ez route and get an exchange....

buy from amazon.... i only paid 120 for my mobo.... but that was with a $40 amazon credit from taking surveys but since they do replacements like that, I think if you have to pay a few extra dollars, this return/exchange policy is pretty awesome.... and i find that they do beat out newegg and fry's and micro center a lot
Score
October 10, 2011 9:01:58 AM

Best answer selected by chiefkikaho.
Score
October 10, 2011 9:02:13 AM

btw, thanks for the help fellas
Score
a b $ Windows 7
October 10, 2011 9:24:54 AM

Good luck to u.
Score
a b $ Windows 7