New build install xp prior to win 7 upgrade

gchrt

Honorable
May 25, 2012
I started to install win 7 as an upgrade thinking it would just ask me for my xp disc. Nooo. So I've been trying to install xp to upgrade but it won't install on my system. The install stalls when it goes to start windows and I get this "A problem has been detected... STOP 0x00000007B ... " I've tried inserting the win 7 install disc and formatting the drive, no luck. I originally had 16gb (4x4gb) so I removed 3 sticks and no luck. I do hope someone might have a solution to this dilemma.

Solution
gchrt,

dont even worry about xp. just install the windows 7 upgrade disc. do not connect to the internet during the fresh install. after windows 7 is installed, insert the windows 7 upgrade disc and choose upgrade. let it complete the upgrade process and now your system is ready to rock'n'roll.
gchrt,

dont even worry about xp. just install the windows 7 upgrade disc. do not connect to the internet during the fresh install. after windows 7 is installed, insert the windows 7 upgrade disc and choose upgrade. let it complete the upgrade process and now your system is ready to rock'n'roll.

Solution