New build won't start, no signal to peripherals

schliek96

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2009
Hi, I am building a computer for the first time and I cannot get the computer to boot. I can turn the motherboard on and off- the fans, cpu fan, and an led on the mob turn on and off. However, there does not seem to be any power/signal to the peripherals. The monitor does not detect a signal and I am not getting any power to either my keyboard or mouse (one is usb and the other ps2). The DVD also powers up- opens, closes, spins disks, I am right up at the end of my return period to newegg, so I am trying to figure out if I need to RMA the board.

I have taken it apart and put it back together, ensuring the posts for the motherboard are all properly seated. There is no contact between the board and the case that I can see. Both the 24 pin and 4 pin power lines are connected. The memory is seated properly as far as I can tell.

Any help, or at least info on what is wrong would be greatly appreciated

MotherBoard: MSI NF750-G55
CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 550
PSU: Stock 500W PSU with Apevia X-master case
RAM: Crucial 2GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1066
HDD: SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD502HJ 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5"
DVD: HP 24X Multiformat DVD Writer Black SATA

schliek96

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2009
I have done everything on the checklist, except for checking the beepcodes, as I don't have a speaker (yet). I know the appevia PSU's are sketchy, but I was hoping I might get a good one. Anyway to distinguish bad psu from bad mobo?

Thanks,

Mark

RMA the board... do it now, in the worst case you will pay 20$ for shipping it back to newegg, but you will know for sure if it was the problem.

It's either this or your power supply. Motherboard got 5% to 15% of DOA case when it's a good model... if the model is bad, it can top 25%...

The motherboard is usually the most troublesome device in a computer.

Usually a bad brand power supply will work like a charm, it's the surge protection that really lack when they blow up that is different.

If I were you, I would ship the motherboard back. After that, you will know which of the 2 doesn't work properly. If your power supply is bad, you can easily buy a good one for 50$.