Internal internet card

omarymo

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2010
I have acer laptop. It does not detect, anymore, any wireless network. It does work with
hard wiring to the router. Does that mean the internal internet card is dead. If so where can I get new one, and how to install it?

G

Check Control Panel, System, Hardware, Device Manager to see if the wireless adapter is detected and if a fault is indicated. Next step may be to update the driver for the wireless adapter from the Acer support site.

If that doesn't work, you'll probably find it easiest and cheapest to add a USB wireless adapter.

omarymo

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2010
Fihrat, I see Network adapters which has three adapters: Broadcom 802.11g ..., Cisco Anyconnect...., and SiS 900-Based PCI... Are these the wireless adapters. If so, I guess the second step is to check for update for the driver. By the way, my other laptop does work with wireless modem.
Thanks

omarymo

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2010
Check Control Panel, System, Hardware, Device Manager to see if the wireless adapter is detected and if a fault is indicated. Next step may be to update the driver for the wireless adapter from the Acer support site.

If that doesn't work, you'll probably find it easiest and cheapest to add a USB wireless adapter.

Fihrat, I see Network adapters which has three adapters: Broadcom 802.11g ..., Cisco Anyconnect...., and SiS 900-Based PCI... Are these the wireless adapters. If so, I guess the second step is to check for update for the driver. By the way, my other laptop does work with wireless modem.
Thanks

G

Broadcom is the wireless adapter.

If you can identify Broadcom chipset version number or device model number, you may find a newer driver on the Broadcomm site.