Solved

Pump top for MCP355

Hello everyone. After reading the reviews and user feedback for the Swiftech MCP355, I decided to take the plunge and buy one. From what I have read, the 355 is a good pump that performs even better with a top. I was looking for a Res/top, but have no idea which one is the best for the money. I am planning on cooling an i5-2500k (overclocked to 4.2 GHz, stock voltage) along with a GTX 570 (not overclocked), and have both an XSPC RS240 and Phobya 200mm Radiator installed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :D
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about pump mcp355
  1. Best answer
    If you are going with a DDC pump, go for the Koolance version, PMP-400. It's the only one that doesn't void the warranty if you remove the top and use an aftermarket replacement. However, there are many, many people that don't care and get whatever they find, and are perfectly happy.

Just a note: any DDC pump top fits any DDC pump- MCP355, MCP350, MCP35x, PMP-400, etc. I know there are more names out there for the same pump, they are just slipping me at the moment...I believe there is an Alphacool version and maybe even an AquaComputer version as well. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Either way, they are all based on the same pump, only PCB, impeller or PWM differs, but they all use the same bolt mounting pattern for the tops.
  2. Best answer selected by kyraiki.
  3. I appreciate the heads up about the pump tops fitting any DDC pump. I spent two hours looking for a top that fit the 355 specifically...
  4. edit: mistaken for the MCP 655 version.

however, the aquacomputer released a USB module for the swiftech MCP355. not a standalone workaround for a pump top.
  5. kyraiki said:
    I appreciate the heads up about the pump tops fitting any DDC pump. I spent two hours looking for a top that fit the 355 specifically...

Sure thing, this is a pretty common point of confusion for a lot of people, so you're definitely not alone. Just something to keep in mind when you are looking for pumps and tops that Laing DDC encompasses many different manufacturer labels and re-branding as well as a handful of actual model differences.
Ask a new question

Read More

Water Cooling Overclocking