No display after oc

mikebik

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012
Computer will not display after little oc?
the apu is a 3870 k i am using a 6850 vid card i oc the apu a little through the bios saved settings it shuts off and now will not turn on the vid card fan spin without picture the apu fan spins the mobo usb's work and i see the lan light does not come on with cable plug in the mobo is a arock a55 pro
i have taken the battery out of bios and reseated the apu vid card and ram and nothing

Solution

+1 I assumed he'd done this;

Often there is a jumper you can set when the computer is unplugged; for a duration of 10-20 seconds and then switch it back and start up the computer. IF your motherboard has this; then once done (if done correctly) it will indicate that your settings were reset and it often asked that you go into the BIOS.

IF it does that just say yes, then quit the bios and continue booting the system as every thing will be default.

bobusboy

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
Did you over volt or OC the 6850?

I haven't over volted my 6850s but when I OC'd the cpu too high (which would be the APU in your case) it just wouldn't boot.

In your BIOS can you manually clock your APU to the stock stats and try booting?

bobusboy

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009

+1 I assumed he'd done this;

Often there is a jumper you can set when the computer is unplugged; for a duration of 10-20 seconds and then switch it back and start up the computer. IF your motherboard has this; then once done (if done correctly) it will indicate that your settings were reset and it often asked that you go into the BIOS.

IF it does that just say yes, then quit the bios and continue booting the system as every thing will be default.

Solution