muhammadbinmehroze

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012
hi guys..
my build is an i5... (i5-2500 @3.3ghz.. justed wanted to know after how much time should i reapply my ceramic thermal paste???... your response will be acknowledged..

tekman42

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
I prefer to NOT take any chances with my $2500 dollar computer so I replace the TIM paste at intervals not to exceed 1 year...but that's just me being extremely cautious.

A year to two years is a good time table...this removes the possibility of the paste drying out and causing catastrophic failure....however with today's built in thermal protection circuitry designed to prevent castastrophic system failures...you would "probably" not ruin the cpu...but why chance it...I change the paste on the cpu and the gpu...AFTER THE WARRANTY RUNS OUT...at reduced intervals of 1 year.

Best practices says from 1 to 5 years is alright...most of us don't keep the same system for 5 years but hey mileage varies among all of us geekers!!!

Respectfully,
tekman42

nazgron

Honorable
Apr 12, 2012
I applied Noctua NT-H1 when they just released the product in my area. Haven't thought about reapply it cus the temp is still very steady. About 2 years from now imo.