Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Drive 0 not found: Serial ATA, SATA-0

Last response: in Storage
October 20, 2011 7:28:06 PM

Hey guys! Long time no speak! Anyways, I'm having a bit of a predicament with one of our school computers and thought that Tom's was my best bet. So here it goes.

BIOS is not recognizing the hard drive (60G seagate i believe) and the computer is Dell Optiplex 755

I've done some searching and still no luck. What's weird to me is that I can still boot up, its just saying that it is Failing To Detect that drive.

I've looked under the properties under the disk, and yes it gives me a name of the disk AND the location. I pretty sure I'm missing something very simple.

I've already looked throughout the BIOS interface under boot sequence and made sure it was setup correctly (IE SATA 0 was enabled) and the RAID was disabled.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Long Lost Uber
October 20, 2011 7:30:15 PM

quick bit of info i left out

Drive 0 not found: Serial ATA, SATA-0 Alert! Failed to detect one or more during POST. Strike F1 key to continue. F2 key to run the setup utlility, or press F5 to run onboard diagnostics.

that is the message I'm getting..i wasnt very clear in the above post
Score
March 14, 2012 11:53:51 AM

UberGenocide said:
quick bit of info i left out

Drive 0 not found: Serial ATA, SATA-0 Alert! Failed to detect one or more during POST. Strike F1 key to continue. F2 key to run the setup utlility, or press F5 to run onboard diagnostics.

that is the message I'm getting..i wasnt very clear in the above post

I have the same issue, where you able to fix this?
Score
Related resources
January 3, 2013 2:41:53 PM

I have the same issue with 2 Optiplex 755s No matter what drivers I installed, the system would fail to detect or recognize the Hard drive. I would press F5 to run the onboard diagnostics. I would receive an error that a drive could not be detected and ask if I want to continue. I say No, and the system would reboot. The OS installed would then start. This happens everytime I rebooted these two 755s.

I took a chance and installed Bios version A19 and A21. I got the same errors after A19 was applied and resolved it the same way. After A21 was applied to the bios, it has recognized the Hard Drive every time.
Score
January 9, 2013 7:28:49 PM

UberGenocide said:
Hey guys! Long time no speak! Anyways, I'm having a bit of a predicament with one of our school computers and thought that Tom's was my best bet. So here it goes.

BIOS is not recognizing the hard drive (60G seagate i believe) and the computer is Dell Optiplex 755

I've done some searching and still no luck. What's weird to me is that I can still boot up, its just saying that it is Failing To Detect that drive.

I've looked under the properties under the disk, and yes it gives me a name of the disk AND the location. I pretty sure I'm missing something very simple.

I've already looked throughout the BIOS interface under boot sequence and made sure it was setup correctly (IE SATA 0 was enabled) and the RAID was disabled.

Thanks,

Long Lost Uber

I have the same issue with a batch of 755's donated to our program for refurbishing. Somehow in the bios I have a SATA0(with the hdd model), and the onboard SATA drive is not detected.I had to go into the bios, disable the SATA0 drive ( hit space bar when drive highlighted) then use the D key to drop tobotto of list. Go into drives and change the SATA operation to ATA, not the AHCI default and reboot. Go into the bios and the on board SATA drive will appear and is bootable. I am puzzled at the SATA0 drive in the first place.??
Score
June 5, 2013 1:59:22 AM

UberGenocide said:

Thanks,

Long Lost Uber

Score
!