Settings for SSD

crls_morales

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2011
Hello!
I finished my first computer The components are: Asus p8z68 V Pro, i7 Intell 2600k unleashed (2nd Generation), Watercooling H60 and HHD 2 T green WD and SSD 60 Gbs among others. The idea was to use SSD for the OS, so far is fine but I had to change location on folders for Videos, Music and Pics for the HHD, I haven't using it yet. This afternoon i tried to download a PC game to tested whe I went to save it is going to C (SSD) which is already full with drivers and OS and couldn't change location. Also I'm confused with Marvell seting in Bios in order to used correctly SSD and mechanical drive, do I need to enable IDE mode or AHCI. Both are in ports 6.0 in the motherboard withth 6.0 cables. can someone guide me trough this?

Thanks

If you just installed the OS then you havn't had time to use it and there probably is nothing to be lost if you reload the OS. I would do that and change the setting in the storage section in the bios from Ide to ahci. Which you can't do after you have loaded windows unless you do the registry hack. You should be able to designate the location of where you want to download to.