GTX 275 Overheating Issue

kegs88

Distinguished
May 13, 2008
Hey TH,

I recently bought a ZOTAC gtx 275 and am currently having some issues with overheating. I have turned the fan to 100% and there are 2 case fans blowing air onto the card.

It is currently idle @ around 42 degrees (just desktop - no applications)
During games like call of duty 6, however, it will eventually hit 105 degrees and crash....(from between 1-2 hours of play if the card is @ idle temp to begin with).

What could be causing this? What other information do u need? What are some solutions? (i have already underclocked the card but i am certainly NOT willing to do this as nothing other than a temporary fix).

thanks guys :)

cygone

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009
Kegs88,

You state their are 2 fans blowing air on to the GPU, however I dont see any. The 2 fans in the side panel blow air in the direction of the GPU, but you must realise that the GTX275 is a sealed unit and only accepts air from the East Side.

The review you posted about this chassis has the following written.

'The grill under the front door allows light from the fan to filter out. This lights up the front of the case without going overboard. The grill was designed so that you won't feel any air flow, even if you place your hand next to it.'

What this means is that the case is a pile of shite and you get no throughput of air in the lower front chassis. No air in the front means no air to the GPUs, hence the extra heat.

No offense, but this is what happens when you buy cheep tac, (Zotac! and XG!)

cygone

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009
ADDING A FAN TO THE SIDE PANEL IS NOT GOING TO HELP!!

Please read before posting Obisdian86, air flow on the the plasic shroud around a 275 WILL NOT reduce its temp by more than 1/2c. It needs AIR from the FRONT / EAST SIDE when installed !

Jeez!

kegs88

Distinguished
May 13, 2008

Cyg, what can i do to help the cooling then? a new case? :p

Surely if the fan in the shroud faces the bottom of the case then that would be the south not the east