Kodak easyshare discussion forum

Tags:
  • Phones
  • Kodak
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
May 26, 2012 5:33:25 PM

Hello,
Many albums are gone when I open Easyshare. Never deleted them, and a kodak CSR even helped over the phone with no success. When I click "all albums" You see all squares (albums) pop up on the page, and for a brief moment, the initial picture is there, then is gone, leaving the album covers grey, with a jagged vertical line through it. Why is it that if a picture briefly pops up in that album cover, that it can no longer be found anywhere on my PC? In order to pop up even breifly, there has to be a file somewhere affiliated with it. I'm at a loss here, and just want my pictures back. Anyone out there having the same, or similar issue?

More about : kodak easyshare discussion forum

May 28, 2012 6:28:36 AM

jt4thetop said:
Hello,
Many albums are gone when I open Easyshare. Never deleted them, and a kodak CSR even helped over the phone with no success. When I click "all albums" You see all squares (albums) pop up on the page, and for a brief moment, the initial picture is there, then is gone, leaving the album covers grey, with a jagged vertical line through it. Why is it that if a picture briefly pops up in that album cover, that it can no longer be found anywhere on my PC? In order to pop up even breifly, there has to be a file somewhere affiliated with it. I'm at a loss here, and just want my pictures back. Anyone out there having the same, or similar issue?

What actions did the CSR have you perform ? (so as not to be redundant)
IMO, it is a corrupted registry, which a windows restore might resolve.
m
l
May 28, 2012 3:57:44 PM

ksiemb said:
What actions did the CSR have you perform ? (so as not to be redundant)
IMO, it is a corrupted registry, which a windows restore might resolve.

We went through so many phases, I can't even recall what was done. The end result was nothing. A system restore was not performed. I don't have anything backed up, and am not real sure how to do so. Would a restore wipe all documents, and existing pictures out? All I know is that each album cover has that thumbnail picture which is the first picture of that album. As the thumbnail albums load one by one, a split second view of that picture shows, then is gone with a grey album cover and a vertical jagged line. I've tried to reconnect with pictures that could have been otherwise renamed, or put in another file (which I have never tried to perform) and even the reconnect feature fails. I've typred jpg in windows search, and all the current photos that are more recent in Easyshare come up. The others don't. I'm at a loss here. Thank you. Jeff
m
l
May 28, 2012 7:21:11 PM

jt4thetop said:
We went through so many phases, I can't even recall what was done. The end result was nothing. A system restore was not performed. I don't have anything backed up, and am not real sure how to do so. Would a restore wipe all documents, and existing pictures out? All I know is that each album cover has that thumbnail picture which is the first picture of that album. As the thumbnail albums load one by one, a split second view of that picture shows, then is gone with a grey album cover and a vertical jagged line. I've tried to reconnect with pictures that could have been otherwise renamed, or put in another file (which I have never tried to perform) and even the reconnect feature fails. I've typred jpg in windows search, and all the current photos that are more recent in Easyshare come up. The others don't. I'm at a loss here. Thank you. Jeff

If you are concerned about losing personal files, save them in My Documents folder before doing a system restore.
Read this - Understanding System Restore:
https://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windo...

The restore function is found in system tools. Pick a hilighted date from the calendar to which you want to restore your system to. Your problems was posted two days ago, so look for date when you know there was no problem. These restore points are done automatically, so it is not like you had to do a backup, although you can create a manual restore point anytime you want to.

m
l
!