SONY OR HITACHI
SOFTWARE
OS – XP 64 BITS SP2
ADOBE CS3/4
AVID PRO

Akazungu

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2011
I am not sure who the good PC builders are, but I have discovered the hard way the Ascendtech.us us one of the bad ones. I’ve posted a lengthy rant on my blog detailing the poor quality parts and workmanship, and their having sold me a part they didn’t install: http://m1s.org/blog/?p=288

I see you had a really bad experience but really?

You decided to order from a place that didn't even offer the latest core i7 1155 socket CPUs.

Case:
The cheapest case on their site is $25, I think. Assuming that's the one you got, then you got what you paid for. You do have points though. If someone had to glue gun ***, they should have gotten another case.

Power Supply:
What do you expect with a prebuilt system where you can't specify brand? If you were concerned, you should have selected the Antec Basiq PSU. ie, a name brand. All your other complaints aren't valid unless you decided to go and get a new case, which is not expected by someone selling a prebuilt. You'd find the same cheap *** in a dell or an acer.

Motherboard:
There's nothing wrong with mATX boards. They are fully ATX compatible.
"like no USB3.0 connector for the front ports" - That's not very common. I have to run a cable to my back USB3 ports to get USB in my front connector. Even most cases expect this to be the case with their design.

Fans:
yeah. That's to be expected.

---End rand---
Yes. You are correct in stating that you get what you pay for and that good parts, especially in prebuild systems, come only with the more expensive systems. I'd personally love a $300-400 netbook with USB3.0, HDMI, gigabit ethernet, and a screen that is actually of decent quality but that will never happen.

"Mitch's Note: You will notice that they made no mention of refund in my first email, only when I said I'd tossed the items"
-That's because you never asked.

"If you feel you need to be vindictive, then I guess that’s your choice"
-holy crap that's not how one treats a customer.

If you cared, you would have requested a refund on the system and not taken it apart. However, you are obviously like me. I voided the warranty on my netbook because the cooling was insufficient. Instead of returning it or sending it in for warranty, I replaced the thermal pad with a slab of copper and good thermal compound. It works fine now, but the warranty is void and if something goes wrong, I will have to deal with it myself.

The parts are to be expected of an OEM or custom build that is under $2000. And had you left the computer the way it is, as most would have, you would have never known of the issues until something in the computer failed. But then you would just send it in for warranty.

So in conclusion, I was bored and decided to write this, the company doesn't know how to treat its customers and you don't know how to request a full refund instead of ripping the guts out of a computer you didn't build.

There's probably some things about your situation that weren't explained in your blog though. Some things, like the power supply, I had to look up myself. And I'm doing the math thinking you had at least 15 days with the computer before you tried replacing the case.

I agree that no one should buy from that place though.