craigo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2009
Have tried everything to try to fix this issue but nothing seems to work.. please help.

All started when i booted up one day and i got the message disk boot failure please insert system disk and restart. (I am running windows vista 64bit) I assumed from the start that my hard drive gave out but i tried taking everything appart checking all connections but nothing seemed to work. I Decided to buy a new HDD and start from scratch. With just the 1 brand new hard drive in hooked up with sata i boot from my windows disk and get a different error message.
It appears that windows is loading when it says windows is loading files then windows boot manager page appears.
An error has occured please insert windows disk and repair. an unexpected error has occured.

Brand new hdd
tried with different ram
different sata cables
boot from 2 different cd drives
removed cmos battery

The hard drive is being recognized on the main boot page. There is nothing in the bios that is off as far as i know. The only other thing i can think of is that the OS disk is ruined which is very unlikely since it has been sitting in its case since it worked flawlessly when i built my pc. If anybody has any suggestions or ideas please post.. willing to try anything.