Sign in with
Your question

Newegg is the greatest but....

Last response: in Systems
November 23, 2009 11:45:06 PM

I've posted a few other threads about looking for the cheapest deals on a HTPC and a gaming refresh for my current systems...well i've always and only purchased my hardware from The Egg, as everything from them has been top notched, but today i blindly throw 550 BE combo into google and along comes this Directron.com which seems to have better and more combo deals than newegg has at the moment.....

550 BE, Gigabyte MA785GMT-UD2H mATX, and '2 gigs of DDR3 1333' all for only 239

I'm curious as to if anyone has dealt with them before, and what memory brand and any comments on their return policies and customer service.

That combo paired with some solo parts from newegg would save me roughly $30 and up proposed athlon 2 140 Sargas HTPC to ddr3 instead of ddr2.

More about : newegg greatest

November 23, 2009 11:49:52 PM

macadami said:
... any comments on their return policies and customer service.

Don't know. But that's exactly why newegg is my vendor of choice.
November 24, 2009 12:27:26 AM

I really like the fact that Newegg spells out exactly what their return policy is for each item. In many cases, this return policy is strict and inflexible, which prevents people from abusing the system and keeps prices reasonable. When you combine this with great customer service, Newegg will always be the first online store I look at for new purchases.

Directron.com has a ResellerRating.com rating of 8.04 out of 10. Actually, this is OK.

Newegg.com has a ResellerRating.com rating of 9.76 out of 10. This is almost unbelieveably fantastic. Saving a few dollars by shopping somewhere else is not worth the potential headaches if problems arise. I always have a good feeling when I place an order with Newegg.
Related resources
November 24, 2009 1:16:13 AM

I agree. I am in the process of building my first PC and I ordered 9 parts last night at midnight. The parts are shipping from 3 different locations.(Tennessee, CA, and NJ) I payed the 2.99 for rush processing. I had tracking numbers for all my packages by 11am today. All but the CA package have all been picked up by UPS as of 5pm EST today. As a result, NewEgg has refunded my rush processing fee, even though all the parts were rushed but one (my 5770). IMO, this level of customer service is fantastic. I will have all but one part by Wed at 5pm. You cant beat that turn around time, and I was refunded my rush processing fee.
November 24, 2009 3:26:18 PM

I would reccomend 'the egg' as well they helped my first system build. They're prompt and you know exactly what you are getting, which for once is a good thing.
November 24, 2009 6:29:20 PM

I just want to share this story for the sake of sharing because it speaks volumes about neweggs ability to get you your parts. I ordered the Antec 300 Illusion from them at 8:30 on the 23rd. I got my confirmation and order summary like always with no rush processing. I noticed they hadn't send me my tracking #, but shrugged it off because I'm not really building anything yet just was taking advantage of a deal. IT ARRIVED TODAY AT 12. It was literally processed, packed, and shipped to me within 28 hours. Also, this wasn't overnight. This was just regular shipping times. Also, the shipping was free. You can't beat Newegg.
November 24, 2009 7:13:19 PM

I haven't tried Directron but I have tried numerous other online site trying to save that extra few dollars, and I have regretted it every time. It's all newegg for me extremely fast shipping, the best customer service, hell they have even refunded stuff i screwed up.

FYI
the absolute worst company in my experience is ZIPZOOMFLY. I signed up for several online courses at the local collage, then used my grant money to order a complete build from them. NOTHING SHOWED UP. When called they told me that not only did they not know where my order was but that they we're not gonna give the money back until they figured it out. So I walked to the local library on crutches 3 time a week to do my schoolwork. 3 MONTHS later they called to ask if I wanted them to reship my order or pay a restocking fee and get part of my money back.
November 24, 2009 7:40:09 PM

505090 said:
I haven't tried Directron but I have tried numerous other online site trying to save that extra few dollars, and I have regretted it every time. It's all newegg for me extremely fast shipping, the best customer service, hell they have even refunded stuff i screwed up.

FYI
the absolute worst company in my experience is ZIPZOOMFLY. I signed up for several online courses at the local collage, then used my grant money to order a complete build from them. NOTHING SHOWED UP. When called they told me that not only did they not know where my order was but that they we're not gonna give the money back until they figured it out. So I walked to the local library on crutches 3 time a week to do my schoolwork. 3 MONTHS later they called to ask if I wanted them to reship my order or pay a restocking fee and get part of my money back.

That's exactly why you should always order stuff with a credit card :) . If you refuse to pay for stuff you did not receive (and Zip would have to show a signature for receipt of the order), then your bank will contend with them. And keep the order verification email you get from any online company as well - you can use it to vouch for the fact that the address they agreed to ship to, was in fact your address, so any shipping errors would be their fault.

I last dealt with Zip some 5 years ago, and didn't have any trouble with my shipment however. Maybe they have new (mis)management :D .
!