Sign in with
Your question

Mouse disconnecting and reconnecting is this the problem of motherboard

Last response: in Motherboards
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 30, 2010 6:42:12 AM

mouse disconnecting and reconnecting is this the problem of motherboard or mouse
May 30, 2010 9:22:26 AM

Probably not the motherboard. Check ur drivers and take the mouse to another computer and check it there.
a b V Motherboard
May 30, 2010 7:13:30 PM

Does windows keep finding and then losing the mouse (you hear the hardware found chime followed by the hardware unplugged chime)? If so it could be either the mouse or the controller. If you suspect motherboard, you could also try a completely different USB port (one not next to the one you had it in) and see if that fixes the problem. If so, it's likely have have a flaky controller or single port (a controller has two ports).

If you don't hear the windows chimes mention above and if the mouse is wireless, there could be a couple issues. One is that you are using the mouse out at the limit of the transciever's range. It could also be the transciever or mouse that's the issue. Lastly it could be that your batteries in the mouse are dying.
Related resources
a c 216 V Motherboard
May 30, 2010 7:16:21 PM

Quote:
mouse disconnecting and reconnecting is this the problem of motherboard or mouse

Is this problem in regards to a mini-DIN 6 (aka PS/2) style or a USB connector?

The mini-DIN 6 mouse connector was not designed to be hot swappable. I have found that unplugging a mouse from the mini-DIN 6 connector and then plugging it back in, even after a second of being unplugged, results in the mouse being disabled until the OS is rebooted.

With a USB mouse I haven't found this to be a problem since USB is designed to be hot swappable. You just need to allow enough time for the OS (and mouse device driver if required) to detect that the mouse has been unplugged and also allow enough time for the OS (and mouse device driver if required) to detect when the mouse has been plugged back in.
May 31, 2012 1:48:12 AM

Found this somewhere and it worked for me:
In Device Manager find Universal Serial Bus controllers and open
Find the first Usb root hub entry and open its properties
Under Power Management uncheck allow the computer to turn off this device to save power
Sorted!
January 8, 2014 9:38:54 AM

This problem might be of Motherboard, But you need to first check other situations like issue with USB port, SMPS, Drivers etc......I had the same problem where my mouse and keyboard which were connected to USB ports rather than PS2 port use to disconnect frequently for 6-7 seconds and then reconnect.(for over 4 months) and i lost all hope. In my case power was coming from Power socket to UPS, which was further supplying to SMPS. I read all similar forums and utilized every trick which i can deploy like changing power settings, disabling gestures, updating drivers, changing OS, new mouse/keyboard etc...
Finally i changed SMPS, it did gave some hope for 1-2 days, But still issue not resolved. Suddenly an idea came to my mind of placing VOLTAGE STABILIZER to this whole unit....What i did: Placed Voltage Stabilizer in between UPS and Power socket. and of my surprise Issue got resolved. And it's been 2 months i haven't faced that issue and really happy to share the solution which could be applied by many users.
!