Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Is my Ram at the right speed?

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
April 27, 2012 4:42:45 AM

Hi I have this model of ram http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Its supposed to run at 1866 Mhz and (Pc3 14900)

I dont rlly know how to read CPU-Z so could yall help me out and tell me if its its clocked right?

I cant tell if the MHZ is right but for the Pc3 14900 it says its at
4096MB (12800) for each stick, Shouldn't it read 4096MB (14900) on there?

Please help thanks =D


http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2346985 that should work there but if now I'll throw the RAM section of my CPU-Z Validator down here



RAM : 16384 MB DDR3 Dual Channel
RAM Speed : 937.6 MHz (1:7) @ 9-10-9-28
Slot 1 : 4096MB (12800)
Slot 1 Manufacturer : G.Skill
Slot 2 : 4096MB (12800)
Slot 2 Manufacturer : G.Skill
Slot 3 : 4096MB (12800)
Slot 3 Manufacturer : G.Skill
Slot 4 : 4096MB (12800)
Slot 4 Manufacturer : G.Skill

Also I have an I5-2500k for my processor at 4.4 GHZ
And my Mobo is an Asrock Extreme6 Z77

More about : ram speed

a b } Memory
a c 184 à CPUs
a c 149 K Overclocking
April 27, 2012 4:52:18 AM

It's multiplied for the amount of channels you are running, in this case your ram is running in dual channel. So, the ram speed is multiplied by 2, so you've got your ram running at the correct speeds. Don't worry, cpu-z shows the base clock, not the clock after it is multiplied.
April 27, 2012 5:01:44 AM

amuffin said:
It's multiplied for the amount of channels you are running, in this case your ram is running in dual channel. So, the ram speed is multiplied by 2, so you've got your ram running at the correct speeds. Don't worry, cpu-z shows the base clock, not the clock after it is multiplied.


So I'm all set then? Its running Exactly how it should pretty much?
Related resources
a b } Memory
a c 184 à CPUs
a c 149 K Overclocking
April 27, 2012 5:04:28 AM

Yes.
a c 149 } Memory
a c 218 à CPUs
a c 105 K Overclocking
April 27, 2012 5:42:12 AM

amuffin said:
It's multiplied for the amount of channels you are running, in this case your ram is running in dual channel. So, the ram speed is multiplied by 2, so you've got your ram running at the correct speeds. Don't worry, cpu-z shows the base clock, not the clock after it is multiplied.



Dual channel has nothing to do with it. It's DDR = double data rate. It transmits data on both the rising and the falling edges of the clock signal. That is why CPU-Z reads DDR3 1600 as 800Mhz. It's 1600 effective since it uses both ends of the clock.

Dual channel increases the transfer speed of data between the DRAM and the memory controller by adding more channels of communication between them. It does not have anything at all to do with DDR or doubling the data rate.

This is computer 101 amuffin. You should learn this stuff with 7000 posts. ;) 


OP your RAM is running correctly just not for the reason amuffin said. You do multiply the CPU-Z frequency by 2.
a b } Memory
a c 283 à CPUs
a c 110 K Overclocking
April 27, 2012 5:52:02 AM

Quote:
This is computer 101 amuffin. You should learn this stuff with 7000 posts. ;) 


I'm glad YOU corrected him because I was kind of afraid to, LOL. :p 
a b } Memory
a c 184 à CPUs
a c 149 K Overclocking
April 27, 2012 5:56:37 AM

anort3 said:
Dual channel has nothing to do with it. It's DDR = double data rate. It transmits data on both the rising and the falling edges of the clock signal. That is why CPU-Z reads DDR3 1600 as 800Mhz. It's 1600 effective since it uses both ends of the clock.

Dual channel increases the transfer speed of data between the DRAM and the memory controller by adding more channels of communication between them. It does not have anything at all to do with DDR or doubling the data rate.

This is computer 101 amuffin. You should learn this stuff with 7000 posts. ;) 


OP your RAM is running correctly just not for the reason amuffin said. You do multiply the CPU-Z frequency by 2.

I see, ddr :)  Now I know...
a b } Memory
a c 184 à CPUs
a c 149 K Overclocking
April 27, 2012 5:56:51 AM

DJDeCiBeL said:
Quote:
This is computer 101 amuffin. You should learn this stuff with 7000 posts. ;) 


I'm glad YOU corrected him because I was kind of afraid to, LOL. :p 

No need to be afraid :o 
!