using laptop screen for a desktop monitor?

Tags:
  • Laptops
  • Desktops
  • Laptop Screen
Last response: in Laptop General Discussion
Share
June 24, 2004 2:11:53 PM

Hello

With a bunch of outdated laptops sitting around, is there a way to
connect the screens to a desktop PC?

I guess I am looking for a video cable and power supply adapter.

thanks

Mike

More about : laptop screen desktop monitor

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 25, 2004 6:18:38 AM

Not in the way that you are thinking.

You can build (just about literally) a desktop LCD display using an old
laptop panel, but it may cost more than a new desktop LCD display bought
in a store, and it will be awkward and ugly.

There are ways to connect two PC's in a "remote control" environment so
that one computer has the other's scree, but we are talking things like
Laplink, remote assistance and Windows Remote Desktop. These
configurations are possible, but I have a feeling that they are not what
you are looking for.

mike wrote:

> Hello
>
> With a bunch of outdated laptops sitting around, is there a way to
> connect the screens to a desktop PC?
>
> I guess I am looking for a video cable and power supply adapter.
>
> thanks
>
> Mike
June 26, 2004 7:25:18 AM

Where can I get more information on either solution?

Thanks in advance!

Barry Watzman <WatzmanNOSPAM@neo.rr.com> wrote in message news:<40DB8BAF.2000507@neo.rr.com>...
> Not in the way that you are thinking.
>
> You can build (just about literally) a desktop LCD display using an old
> laptop panel, but it may cost more than a new desktop LCD display bought
> in a store, and it will be awkward and ugly.
>
> There are ways to connect two PC's in a "remote control" environment so
> that one computer has the other's scree, but we are talking things like
> Laplink, remote assistance and Windows Remote Desktop. These
> configurations are possible, but I have a feeling that they are not what
> you are looking for.
>

> mike wrote:
>
> > Hello
> >
> > With a bunch of outdated laptops sitting around, is there a way to
> > connect the screens to a desktop PC?
> >
> > I guess I am looking for a video cable and power supply adapter.
> >
> > thanks
> >
> > Mike
Related resources
June 26, 2004 1:04:21 PM

Not sure what you want to accomplish, but you could use a KVM switch
to use one keyboard, monitor and mouse on two or more computers.

hawk

mike wrote:
> Hello
>
> With a bunch of outdated laptops sitting around, is there a way to
> connect the screens to a desktop PC?
>
> I guess I am looking for a video cable and power supply adapter.
>
> thanks
>
> Mike
June 27, 2004 4:07:13 AM

I have a desktop computer with no monitor. I have a bunch of laptops.
I was trying to either cannabalize the LCD monitor from the laptop or
do some laplink thingy.

I don't think KVM switch will work. I don't have a desktop monitor.

Thanks!

hawk <hawk@spamex.com> wrote in message news:<10dr7k3c4341r73@corp.supernews.com>...
> Not sure what you want to accomplish, but you could use a KVM switch
> to use one keyboard, monitor and mouse on two or more computers.
>
> hawk
>
> mike wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > With a bunch of outdated laptops sitting around, is there a way to
> > connect the screens to a desktop PC?
> >
> > I guess I am looking for a video cable and power supply adapter.
> >
> > thanks
> >
> > Mike
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 27, 2004 8:26:24 PM

mike <micgolub@aol.com> wrote:
> I have a desktop computer with no monitor. I have a bunch of laptops.
> I was trying to either cannabalize the LCD monitor from the laptop or
> do some laplink thingy.

http://www.eio.com/lcdconnect.htm Almost anything is possible if you throw
enough money at it!

Seriously, just go find a 15" desktop LCD on closeout somewhere, last one I
got was $99!

--
Regards,

James

December 28, 2010 10:45:30 AM

i too have an compaq laptop screeen but no mother board or processor. how can i connect it to my pc. any adapter for power and display of the laptop screen

help me
!
neutral