Sign in with
Your question

Dirt cheap hard drives

Last response: in Motherboards
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 30, 2010 5:41:44 PM

I AM LOOKING FOR A HARD DRIVE FOR A DELL DESKTOP, 3.5 IDE ATA, BUT I CANT SEEM TO LOCATE ONE AT A DECENT PRICE.

More about : dirt cheap hard drives

a c 236 V Motherboard
May 30, 2010 6:12:06 PM

Does that upsets you so much that you have to yell? I don't know where you are, but hard disks in North America are rather inexpensive. IDE is old technology and it's more expensive, but you can buy a brand new hard disk for $40: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
l
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 30, 2010 6:15:24 PM

GhislainG said:
Does that upsets you so much that you have to yell? I don't know where you are, but hard disks in North America are rather inexpensive. IDE is old technology and it's more expensive, but you can buy a brand new hard disk for $40: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I do apologize for the yelling, but while that is true that the IDE relatively inexspensive but speeds are slower than what i need or want. Thanks for the info anyway.
m
l
Related resources
a c 236 V Motherboard
May 30, 2010 6:19:49 PM

You didn't specify your requirements or the size of the hard disks. IDE is slower, but then you certainly don't have a fast system if it doesn't support SATA. If your system has PCI-X or PCI Express slots, then you could add a SATA controller. Is the additional performance worth the expense?
m
l
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 30, 2010 6:25:54 PM

GhislainG said:
You didn't specify your requirements or the size of the hard disks. IDE is slower, but then you certainly don't have a fast system if it doesn't support SATA. If your system has PCI-X or PCI Express slots, then you could add a SATA controller. Is the additional performance worth the expense?

Yes that would be worth the expense, but I also have 3 other computers I am rebuilding also. Those are more expensive and i wanted the home computer to cost a little less than all the systems.
m
l
August 24, 2012 1:14:43 AM

Quote:
I AM LOOKING FOR A HARD DRIVE FOR A DELL DESKTOP, 3.5 IDE ATA, BUT I CANT SEEM TO LOCATE ONE AT A DECENT PRICE.

I have a 20 Meg new. Not sure how much but cheap
m
l
!