Help choosing a gaming pc

i have about £600 to spend and want to buy a gaming pc for 600 or less. i need to last 2 years at least.

i would be playing games on high settings such as: ac, gow, cod, crysis, batman etc.

i was thinking of a pc with gtx 260. i dont mind if its core 2 duo or quad as long as it lasts for 2 years at least.

any help would be much appreciated.
7 answers Last reply
More about help choosing gaming
  1. which bits don't you need?

i5 + 260 + 2x2gb ddr3 + p55 + psu = ~£500

then you may need a hdd, case, optical drive, monitor, peripherals, operating system etc
  2. i dont need operating system and maybe not the 4gb.

would the be a seller on ebay with it already built? i have looked before at some pc's and i didnt see much of a price diiference between already built and build yourself
  3. you need a monitor?

probably a bit optimistic to ask for a comfortable 2 year build for £600 then.

also, i would strongly advise against buying expensive electrical equipment from ebay. in most cases it's about as secure as buying out of the back of a van.
  4. i would take the spec's he's gone for and buy the bits seperate from a respected retailer - then build it yourself.

probably for similar cost.

that way you know you're getting quality ram, quality mobo and quality psu.
  5. i would take the spec's he's gone for and buy the bits seperate from a respected retailer - then build it yourself.

probably for similar cost.

that way you know you're getting quality ram, quality mobo and quality psu.
  6. ok thanks alot for the advice
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Gaming Call of Duty Systems Product