Asus Xonar DX Sound very low vista (Please help me )

Status
Not open for further replies.

maumaurgomes

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
I bought the card sapphire 4860 1gb on newegg. I installed the video card. Once installed, there was a problem with the sound of the sound card (Asus Xonar DX), was very low. I tried to change the sound card slot and continued the same problem. Incompatibility with the sound card? I use windows vista. Before, I used the 4850 1 gb card and sound card's sound was very loud. After I installed the new 4860 1 gb was the sound of the sound card too low.

Already tested the speakers with the iPod and the sound is too high.

The 4860 1 gb uses two connectors on the power suply can be the problem? The sound is still low and when you put the sound too loud, cause distortion. How can I fix this? With the 4850 1gb the sound was loud. When I changed the sound was low.

What can I do to solve this problem? What happened?

Another question ... How do you know if you disabled the onboard sound from the motherboard BIOS Asus SE P6T Intel X58?

Configuration

Power supply: 800 Watts Power Supplies (CyberPowerPC XF800S Performance ATX 2.0 Power - Quad SLI Ready)

Motherboard: Asus P6T SE Intel X58 Chipset CrossFireX Mainboard Triple-Channel DDR3/1600 SATA RAID w/ eSATA,GbLAN,USB2.0,IEEE1394a,&7.1Audio

Memory: 6GB (2GBx3) DDR3/1333MHz Triple Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-940 2.93 GHz 8M L3 Cache LGA1366

Video card: Sapphire 4860 1 gb

I hope you can help me. Thank you very much. Mauricio

thuan

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2005
It's likely that your sound card does not get enough juice after you upgraded your graphic card, do you have a brand name PSU to test. You can borrow another PSU from your friends or asking them to put your Xonar DX inside another computer to isolate the problem.

Anyway have u installed the latest firmware for your Xonar DX? It might solve some problems, too.

flabbergasted

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
I'm on windows 7 and in the bottom right hand side of the taskbar I have a speaker icon. Once when playing back an avi file I noticed I had the volume cranked all the way up but the sound was like at 10% of max. I thought it was the way the movie was encoded. Wrong. It turned out one of my other media players had reset the global max volume to low. I only found this by right clicking on the speaker icon and going to volume mixer. I also have a Xonar DX and it wasn't the problem.

thuan

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2005
Well there're two things that might cause this, and I only stated the HW side of the problem. To add to this point, I have seen ppl have failed their DX by yanking the power connector from the floppy power connection on the card, breaking the poor thing in the process. The card might produce sound at lower volume in this case.

Another case is what flabbergasted said: check your volume thoroughly and also check the Mixer tab for Playback Volume in the Xonar Control Center.

maumaurgomes

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
Uninstalled the drivers for the video card and was only the sound card, and continued still the problem. After uninstalled the sound card. The onboard card is off. I installed all the drivers again, When I installed the video card, I discovered that the program audio from the video card cause distortion when the sound increases. I'll try today, get on the site of the latest ati driver video card, and install only the driver.

My computer has only 6 months of use, bought at the end of last year, I do not think that is the power suply.

Then continue with the same problem sound very low. If anyone has any suggestions that might resolve this problem in windows vista?

j-a-k-e

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2010
I had this problem with my xonar dx once. Turns out the metal pins that connect the floppy connector to the xonar circuit board had been pulled forward in their socket when I had disconnected the floppy connector earlier and so creating a gap in the electrical pathway. All was fine once I pushed the pins carefully back into place with my finger and re-attached the floppy connector.

Ah.. didn't mean to resurrect such an old thread. I'm used to the day-month-year syntax as opposed to month-day-year.

Status
Not open for further replies.