Optical drive in laptop reads inverted colors for some reason?

mildgamer001

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011
I have an asus k52f-bbr5 laptop, i have used the dvd drive many many times and yesterday it started reading dvds wrong, now they are all in inverted colors and i didnt change any settings, is this an easy fix problem or do i have to go find parts, im not sure of my warrantee on it but i would rather not send it in just to lose all my files and things like that, which has been known to happen occasionally.

Solution

VLC player may be a good alternative.

mildgamer001

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011
well the problem is that i really dont want to open up my laptop. it isnt that i dont trust myself but i need it for school and all my files are on it. and ive seen desktop replacements for like 8 bucks but i need a certain on ethat fits into my laptop. and the asus website doesnt actually have a shopping feature it just advertises, and they only advertize certain products in their lineup.

mildgamer001

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011
first, not in laptops, companies built the outer shape etc on the optical drives to fit into their laptops correctly, and two, i figured out it isnt my optical drive, its my windows media player, it got corrupted somehow and i dont have permissions on my own comuter because of some stupid crap and so i cant delete the corrupted on e, and i cant download it off microsoft.com because all it says is that it comes with windows 7.

mildgamer001

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011

nope. didnt come with any repair disks and i still haven't copied one of my own because it takes two disks and i really dont want to take all the time making one, even though i know i should, anyway, i just deleted media player, i will download a new one from somewhere at some point soon so problem solves for the most part.

VLC player may be a good alternative.

Solution