Sign in with
Your question

Looking for a 4gb memory sticks x2 for amd m4a89gtd pro

Last response: in Motherboards
May 31, 2010 2:48:36 AM

I have the USB 3.0 version of this board and would like to know if there are any single 4gb sticks i can use for the board. DDR3 1600 solid quality sticks without compatibility issues. i plan on going 16gbs down the road but will be doing 8gb for the moment with two sticks. is there anything that isn't intel related or am i dreaming? everything i'm seeing on newegg is only for Intel. darn that board style. lol. i have the gskill ripjaw 1600 DDR3 4gb stick at the moment and having bsod's with page fault in non page area message. ran the memtest from boot disk and came up with no errors or issues. clean. yet my computer still sees bsod when viewing the internet. it did it to me when going into this forum once and on kingsnake classifieds. any help would be appreciated. i'm still learning on some things so don't kick me too hard:) 
a b V Motherboard
May 31, 2010 8:57:39 AM

Check the recommended voltage for that stick you have, maybe your voltage in BIOS is wrong.
May 31, 2010 8:48:22 PM

voltage is set at 1.50. dram is at 1600. timing 9-9-9-24. i have this ram installed.http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
i get the page fault in non paged area BSOD when i'm on the internet from time to time. memtest is clean win7 mem tool is clean. not sure if it's a faulty stick or not. only one stick installed right now. single channel. not sure if it's cause i'm running single or not. i plan on getting another 4gb stick. when it happened today the lower half of the screen went haywire and scrambled then the bsod came up with that page fault message. this is a newly built computer with the latest stuff. xfx hd 5770 1gb vid card installed also. 585 watt psu. the board isn't overclocked yet or unlocked. i'll overclock it later once i figure it out some more.
Related resources
March 27, 2011 5:33:33 AM

I sure hope someone figures it out cuz i just bought this board and 16gb of vengeance memory from corsair..will be running a x6 1100t soon.
June 5, 2011 12:56:58 PM

well...except for the 1100t i said i would be running 1090t ended up being my choice..running 8gb (2x4gb) of vengence memory and its as smoooth as silk..in the bios entered 1600mhz and everything else auto for the ram...this board though is six core ready, is yours...? I know some are not...
!