5770 with geforce gt 220 for physx

civic

Distinguished
May 7, 2007
I am going to be upgrading and it seems like the 5770 is the way to go for my needs, the only downside is no physx support apparently.

Is it possible to use a geforce gt 220 as a physx card along with the 5770?

Also. If this is possible is the gt 220 the way to go for a sole physx card? I only consider that one because it was recommended in an article here for physx use.

zendax

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009

Many people still play games, even the newest ones, on DX9. I would consider DX11 a perk, but not a deal breaker. Time could prove me wrong, but it's likely going to be very similar to DX10 where it adds a few nice features, but doesn't make much real world difference.

zendax

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009

Fermi is nVidia's upcoming new architecture, which will have DX11 support. It's still in the oven though, and there's no hard information more specific than next year.

nVidia would love to get the product out the door as quickly as possible, I'm sure, and I'd look for a release in early spring. The problem is that while they tell us things are coming along nicely, we don't have a lot of information right now to back that up, so they could be trying to convince people to wait on purchasing a fancy new ATI 58xx card (if you can find one, of course).

zendax

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009
You used to be able to run PhysX on an nVidia GPU while an ATI GPU ran the primary graphics.

nVidia though has prevented this functionality from occurring. If you want a dedicated PhysX card, your primary graphics card must be nVidia.

TRENDING THREADS