Gaming rig problem

stew41

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
*** ing suck and thats the problem ... i really have no clue why it does . So here are the components GPU : 2x 8800 gt Galaxy SLI , MB : M3N-HT deluxe , CPU : AMD 5200+ x2 OC 3ghz , Memory : Kingston Hyper X 4gb pc2-8500 , PSU : idk the name but i know it can handle all this *** , and all this is running on vista home basic 32 bit .

So ya its pissing me off to see some 8600 gt getting better results than my 8800 sli configuration . All my drivers are up to date , im desperate idk what to do anymore. So please help =D

Solution
Do a 3dmark and a crysis benchmark and compare yourself with other people that have your config.

BTW a 5200+ is going to bottleneck an 8800GT sli setup (even at 3ghz). Not a whole lot but it will. After you look up your 3dmark look at other people with faster CPUs and see their GPU scores rise.

stew41

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
im playing Bad company 2 on low graphics with the lower resolution and im lagging ... same thing on crysis , i barely can play medal of honor airborne on high and im having bad performance on stalker clear sky . its not a particular game or resolution its ... every game im playing is not stable , im getting bad fps everywhere . I really have no idea why ... can it be my OS ? this is an old Dell pc ...

blackhawk1928

Distinguished
Okay tell me exactly what resolution does your monitor support?
What resolution are currently playing your games at?
What FPS are you getting in your games? Be specific in all catagories!

the cpu is not the problem ... 3ghz is enough for most of the game im playing

Clock rate isn't the most important part of gaming, a 2.67Ghz i7 will murder a 3.6Ghz Pentium 4 or pentium D CPU. Your CPU can very well be a problem here, it can just be bottlenecking your graphics configuration heavily.

stew41

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
Ok well my screen is an Acer Al1706 ''17 and its max resolution is 1280x1024 . I did a test lately on Battlefield Bad company 2 on Medium settings with a 1280x1024 resolution and I had an average fps of about 26 . I dont think thats good ... i changed to lower resolution but it didnt really change anything .

stew41

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
well thats the point of this post lol :p I dont know what the problem is ... because as I said my hardware is not that bad ... I just dont know what this *** is all about ... the only possible reason is my OS wich is an old dell version of vista home basic 32 bit . Dell software are probably not made for gaming .

Raidur

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
Do a 3dmark and a crysis benchmark and compare yourself with other people that have your config.

BTW a 5200+ is going to bottleneck an 8800GT sli setup (even at 3ghz). Not a whole lot but it will. After you look up your 3dmark look at other people with faster CPUs and see their GPU scores rise.

Solution