Sign in with
Your question

LG BD Rom won't play certain discs

Last response: in Components
February 5, 2010 10:51:56 PM

I have an LG BD ROM WH08LS20 that will not play the sopranos blu ray disc. I have been able to play other blurays from netflix, but not this one. I have searched and found that others have had this problem, but the only solution I found was to update the firmware, which I have. I have version 2.00. It still does not play. In My computer, it does not even recognize the disc type. Anyone know of any other solutions to this problem, or am I just screwed?

More about : rom play discs

February 5, 2010 10:55:27 PM

yeah, you need to update the software which plays blueray.. I think it comes with power dvd so you need to update the software to make it play..

Thats what i had to do.. Personally i got Win DVD.. I think its better but some might differ
m
l
February 6, 2010 1:46:13 AM

It isn't even recognized as a BD disc in my computer though, or even a disc at all.
m
l
Related resources
February 6, 2010 6:23:21 AM

ah... if seems there might be some sort of pressing problem with the disks used, or even some sort of copy protection..

ill search the net and come back to you...

m
l
February 6, 2010 2:51:49 PM

Try installing ANY DVD HD trial version, see if it will play then.
m
l
February 7, 2010 11:41:53 PM

i've already sent the disc back. i will try that if i run into this problem again though. i read that tyson doesn't play either.
m
l
!