Hey guys,

I just got a quick question about changing your sims "everyday" clothes. I
went to one of the commercial lots in Pleasantville wanting to buy some new
gear for my sims. Everything went well, besides spending like 1200 on
clothes. Then when I went home, they all had the same clothes on that they
had since the beginning. No sign of the clothes I had bought. Can anyone
help?

Thanks,
TOm

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 12:37:45 -0500, "Tommy B" <tommyb@nautica.net>
wrote:

>Hey guys,
>

>I just got a quick question about changing your sims "everyday" clothes. I
>went to one of the commercial lots in Pleasantville wanting to buy some new
>gear for my sims. Everything went well, besides spending like 1200 on
>clothes. Then when I went home, they all had the same clothes on that they
>had since the beginning. No sign of the clothes I had bought. Can anyone
>help?

If you don't have a dresser at the home, get one. Then click on the
dresser, and you should have the option "Plan outfit" for the Sim you
are controlling. This will give you options for the clothes you
bought for that gender and age. After you have chosen, the Sim won't
automatically be wearing that outfit. You have to have the Sim change
into Everyday.

BW

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 12:37:45 -0500, Tommy B wrote:

> Hey guys,
>

> I just got a quick question about changing your sims "everyday" clothes. I
> went to one of the commercial lots in Pleasantville wanting to buy some new
> gear for my sims. Everything went well, besides spending like 1200 on
> clothes. Then when I went home, they all had the same clothes on that they
> had since the beginning. No sign of the clothes I had bought. Can anyone
> help?

Other than what Barbara said, which is of course true, many people have had
a problem where the clothes they bought didn't appear once they were back
home. It seems to be a bug, and I don't remember if it's listed among those
that the patch should fix.

There is a simple (if annoying) workaround: send one of your sims out again
to buy one more outfit. When they come back, the new outfit should appear
in the wardrobe choice, *and* the ones that were bought previously too.
This seems to have worked for most if not all people who had this problem.

--
Anna Mazzoldi <http://aynathie.livejournal.com/>

There are 10 kinds of people in the world,
those who understand binary, and those who don't

cool. thanks guys, the "Plan Outfit" option worked like a charm.