Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Computer wont load all the way before shuting down

Last response: in Windows 7
Share
October 10, 2011 9:52:49 AM

i have a hp pavilion a647c and one day i went to up date with the auto updater when it updated it restarted then it would not stay started longer then ten seconds any suggestions

More about : computer wont load shuting

a b $ Windows 7
October 10, 2011 10:47:18 AM

greasemonkeymc said:
i have a hp pavilion a647c and one day i went to up date with the auto updater when it updated it restarted then it would not stay started longer then ten seconds any suggestions


Does it keep wanting to reboot ?

Safe mode, and select disable automatic restart on system failure or select last good configuration.
Score
0
October 10, 2011 10:53:56 AM

ksiemb said:
Does it keep wanting to reboot ?

Safe mode, and select disable automatic restart on system failure or select last good configuration.


wont even get to the loding screen to ask
Score
0
Related resources
October 10, 2011 10:57:23 AM

Running windows 7? I've had it a few times after an update and windows won't load in normal or safe mode. Best way i found to fix it is to run the windows repair feature off the CD and then if it still doesn't work do a restore.
Score
0
October 10, 2011 11:21:58 AM

Goldengoose said:
Running windows 7? I've had it a few times after an update and windows won't load in normal or safe mode. Best way i found to fix it is to run the windows repair feature off the CD and then if it still doesn't work do a restore.

it refuses to let me do anything i cant even open the cd drive
Score
0
a b $ Windows 7
October 10, 2011 11:25:49 AM

greasemonkeymc said:
it refuses to let me do anything i cant even open the cd drive


Have you tried your setup key (PF2 ?) to get into bios and see if your CD drive is set to boot 1st, before the HD ?
Score
0
October 10, 2011 5:37:57 PM

ksiemb said:
Have you tried your setup key (PF2 ?) to get into bios and see if your CD drive is set to boot 1st, before the HD ?

it does not even start to run the hard drive
Score
0

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
October 10, 2011 6:05:59 PM

greasemonkeymc said:
it does not even start to run the hard drive



Then you probably have a dying or already dead CMOS battery.

Might try removing it, putting it back in, but suggest replacing it.
Share
October 12, 2011 4:03:27 AM

Best answer selected by greasemonkeymc.
Score
0
a b $ Windows 7
October 12, 2011 4:23:30 AM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr.
Score
0
!