DCP 4.0 pump vs MCP-655 pump

cyansnow

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
Hello forum, I would like to ask a quick question before I order more parts, is it worth getting the MCP-655 pump over the DCP-4.0(also known as the DD CPX PRO, jingway dp1200, and several other rebrands) or should I keep my DCP-4.0? I would also like to know if I should get the Bitspower Watertank 250mm and replace my Danger den RAD reservoir? Thanks, cyansnow.

toolmaker_03

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
well if it is 3 years old are close, than yes, get the MPC 655 it's a good pump, and only $30 more. it will last longer too, but that is just my opinion I like swiftech. I have been using them for years.

that's the same reservoirs I use, so yes, I would get one. they're very versatile, and well constructed.

What do you have in your system now? If you're not having flow or temp problems, and you're not going to be throwing in a bunch of restrictive components, then your current pump should be fine.

Any reason you necessarily want to change res? A res is a res...

cyansnow

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012

I have the DCP-4.0 in right now, the reason I was changing the res was to have more ports (bitspower has 3 on the bottom, RAD has only 2) and the bitspower is about 50mm bigger than the one I have as of now.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Reservoirs and radiators are some of the least restrictive components in a loop, when you consider how they are designed internally- the water has the most freedom to move and flow from inlet to outlet compared to blocks.

Adding radiators or reservoirs shouldn't be any reason to add/change your pump. Restriction would come in the form of what blocks you are using and restrictive fittings, tubing bends or angles.

cyansnow

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012

The only reason I was thinking of changing it was because of the higher head pressure, and I have several 90 degree turns in my loop, and I just found the MCP-655 special edition that allows compression fittings to be used instead of the barbs the standard comes with, the only reason I wanted to change the reservoir was really the size of it as well as the third port on the botom.

If you're going to actually get something out of buying the reservoir (which it sounds like you are) then by all means go for it. I've bought a few nicer parts for convenience in my loop.

We were just making sure you had a real reason for buying one, is all. We hate to see people just blindly waste money ;)

cyansnow

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012

Haha, yeah I hate wasting money as well, that's why I come here after all, but thanks for your input and I will hopefully have my new reservoir soon, the Danger Den reservoir was salvaged from my AMD water cooling rig, and is starting to get stained from distilled water with UV dye in it, a shame that it had to go like that because it's a great reservoir just a bit old.

TRENDING THREADS