Sign in with
Your question

First time builder here. Looking for help with a $1000 gaming rig

Last response: in Systems
November 24, 2009 7:48:23 PM

This will be my first custom built PC, and I'm extremely excited about the possibilities. Due to this being my first, I really have no clue about what parts go together, what are the best, etc., so I'm hoping for some major assistance!

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Before Christmas

BUDGET RANGE: Around $1000

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming, Surfing the net, school work (nothing intensive)

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Keyboard and Mouse not required, but suggestions would be nice.

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Newegg

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: US

PARTS PREFERENCES: None, really. Just the best possible for my price range. However, I would like to use one of the new Radeon cards, but I assume that one of those would be the best possible for my price range :)  (Hopefully!)

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe in the future.

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Maybe in the future.

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1600x1200, or the best possible that my build will allow me.

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: Just want to be able to play all current games with moderate to high settings and be at least relatively set for the future. If the price of a monitor inhibits me from reaching this goal, I will go a little higher than $1000, but hopefully that won't be the case.

Thanks in advance to everyone!
November 24, 2009 10:08:00 PM

I put this together for another build with a lower budget
http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx...

Antec 300 Illusion case
OCZ Fatal1ty 550W Modular PSU
Gigabyte MA770-UD3P motherboard
Athlon II x3 435 ===> increase this to a PhenomIIx3 920 or x4 955.
4GB Crucial DDR3-1333 CAS7 RAM
XFX 5770 Graphics card
Seagate 7200.12 500GB HDD (Samsung F3 is sold out)
LG SATA DVD Burner
HannsG 22inch 1680x1050 monitor
Logitech optical mouse
m
l
!