unlock ThinkPad Windows XP password with Windows Installation Disc
* 1. Start PC with Installation disc. Choose “Accept” once it asks to repair your current Windows installation, press “R” to run repair and also allow PC to repair by copying files to hard drive.
* 2. The PC will reboot, and then display “Press any key to continue.” Please do not press any key.
* 3. Let computer restart the installation and at the same time please notice the words shown at the bottom of screen. Once “Installing Devices” comes up, press “Shift +F10”.
* 4. Then input “nusrmgr.cpl” and press “Enter”.
* 5. On the User Accounts windows, choose the “Administrator account”. Then there will be listed all user accounts of the system.
* 6. Select the account that has to remove or reset password.
If you have an account with admin privilege, you can break the forgotten password easily. The accounts also include the built-in or default admin account in system. Follow these steps:break windows password
Step 1: Login to a computer with a user account which has admin privilege.
Step 2: Click Start, type lusrmgr.msc in the search box and press Enter key
Step 3: Open “Users”, right-click a user account which you want to reset its password and select “Set password…”
Step 4: Type a new password and input it again to confirm, click “OK”.