Yes I'm a noob, don't hold it against me!! DDR3 ram for X58AUD3R

seroism

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2009
Yes I have done my research online and tried to see what's best myself but when it comes to RAM and all the different setups and types I'm completely lost.

I recently decided to build my own computer and I would to make sure I get what works best for what I need/want. My system so far is:

Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
i7-930 processor
WD VelociRaptor 300gb HD
Windows 7 premium
Samsung SyncMaster 226BW
I plan on buying another WD VelociRaptor 300gb and running it in RAID also.

Edit: Sorry almost forgot, will be buying a GTX 470 vid card and more than likely run two of these in SLI when I get more money.

What I would like to do with my computer is play games such as COD, WoW, GTA and still be able to run some things in the background such as music and 2 WoW games running at same time. I'd also like to be able to burn DVDs and CDs while on games too or watching TV on my comp.

I picked up a 2x2gb Kingston Hyper X 2000 CL9 240 pack. Should I be getting 6gb instead and if so should I just pick up another pack of what I have or just return this and pick up some other 6gb RAM? If so, what can the community recommend? Money is a small issue as I don't want to buy the most expensive but I'm not shy about buying something well worth the money.

As I stated before, I tried to see what would be best but all I did was confuse myself more...... please help!!!!