Sign in with
Your question

How to finally delete PC Cleaner Pro. Nothing so far has worked.

Last response: in Windows XP
May 28, 2012 1:54:20 PM

How to finally get rid of PC Cleaner Pro and AVG Anti-Virus 2012. I've tried everything, including manual registry removals, several cleanup utilities, much work through other advice blogs, etc. . They're interfering with my present Security Essentials anti-virus protection because I'm getting hi-jacks, trojans, and other bugs I have to remove regularly, even though I regularly scan with several anti-malware/anti-virus software and on-line programs. :( 
a b 8 Security
May 28, 2012 1:57:59 PM

rvjui said:
How to finally get rid of PC Cleaner Pro and AVG Anti-Virus 2012. I've tried everything, including manual registry removals, several cleanup utilities, much work through other advice blogs, etc. . They're interfering with my present Security Essentials anti-virus protection because I'm getting hi-jacks, trojans, and other bugs I have to remove regularly, even though I regularly scan with several anti-malware/anti-virus software and on-line programs. :( 

1) - There may be a registry problem with uninstall. Try fixit uninstall.
http://support.microsoft.com/fixit/

2) Try REVO Uninstaller.
m
l
June 4, 2012 4:00:32 AM

ksiemb said:
1) - There may be a registry problem with uninstall. Try fixit uninstall.
http://support.microsoft.com/fixit/

2) Try REVO Uninstaller.

Sorry, already tried both of these methods...thanks for the suggestions, though.

As a new approach, decided to uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials and go back to AVG Anti-Virus 2012, and hope that it picks up the bits that had been remaining in my system that I couldn't remove.

Still no answers for the PCCleaner Pro removal, but perhaps now that there are 2 Anti-virus programs (AVG Anti-Virus 2012 and PC Cleaner Pro) rather than three (MS Security Essentials, AVG Anti-Virus 2012 and PC Cleaner Pro) competing for effect, the PC Cleaner Pro won't be a problem anymore.
m
l
Related resources
January 16, 2013 1:03:48 AM

YouTube is a better source of information then this Forum .. PC Cleaner 2012 Pro is advertised at the top of this page.. and it is a known virus .. and essentially malware.
There is a fine video of how to remove it on YouTube
m
l
June 2, 2013 12:36:31 AM

Well I pulled out all the stops, using all of the information I could find regarding PC Cleaner, and its remnants which somehow crippled my Essentials, giving the Action Center flag of 'PC Cleaner is stopped and cannot be started automatically, start manually...' This was after PC Cleaner was eliminated, registry picked out, and I ran 3 different registry 'fix' programs, including REVO - No dice. I was in a position where I could not uninstall Essentials (it was already removed), and could not install it as I got a message that it was already installed!!!???

Using the MS support forum: http://; I followed the directions, even if no file/folder/key existed, and just kept going to the next step. Note that at the point where you should "Delete the Microsoft Security Essentials run key," was the turning point in the battle, I was then able to re-install MS Essentials and eradicate the Action Center messages of PC Cleaner.
m
l
June 2, 2013 3:46:35 AM

For removing AVG, search for a program with "AVG Remove" on the internet, download and run it. It is provided by AVG who say it is
otherwise impossible to remove the program and it's 100's of registry entries !
Good luck.
m
l
April 28, 2014 7:20:50 PM

rvjui said:

Hey, I have the same problem, but I just discovered how to get rid of it. Go to your files and under Computer > OS > Program Files (x86) > IST Cleaner Pro > Uninstall. Im running Windows 8 on an HP Envy and I figured it out to work 100% for sure in this manner. Good luck. I know they say you shouldn't mess with the program files, but I've removed several unwanted programs this way. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. This worked. Again, Good Luck !!!
m
l
!