Sign in with
Your question

Dell vostro 400 on Win 7 help

Last response: in CPUs
February 6, 2010 6:14:40 AM

Hello,
COMPUTER STOPS BOOTING AND STUCK ON DELL INTEL BIOS REV 1.0.15
CLICKING F2 OR F12 BRINGS NO REACTION AS IF THE KEYBOARD IS NOT ACTIVATED - NO POWER PROBLEM WITH THE KEYBOARD. CANNOT PROCEED BEYOND FIRST PAGE OF THE BOOT PROCESS. DELL SEEMS TO CALL THIS 'NOT COMPLETING POST'-DELL HELPS 'RECOGNISES THE PROBLEM' BUT HAS POSTED NO HELP ANSWER YET.
THE MACHINE WILL NOT GO TO WINDOWS. THANKS FROM PERTH AUSTRALIA

More about : dell vostro 400 win

February 6, 2010 10:00:14 AM

all i can say is that u disconnect the battery and power from the laptop and let it be like that for an hour or to and then try the run it. actually i dont know if it will work or not because if u have a desktop then it will work as u will reset the the jumper but in laptops there isnt so maybe this works. now u can also try to do the following if the above doesnt work:
1) take the hdd out and then run the system. u must have disconnected, like mouse, monitor, and etc, all the peripheral devices first.
2) try to put windows cd/dvd in the optical drive and then restart the system.
3) there is another way i think u can reset your bios because i think u might have set a bios setting incorrectly. u must restart your pc sometimes, it will automatically reset the bios. i dont know how reliable this info is because it works for me but dont know about u.
4) simply connect the hdd and stuff, not the peripheral/external devices, it will stop in the first screen and wait there. maybe a device is being detected and takes time because its wrongly selected or something. so wait for as long as u can.
Hope i helped.
m
l
!