Your question

My Computer Hangs on start up

Tags:
  • Chipsets
  • Computer
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
June 1, 2010 9:52:15 AM

My computer Hangs on Start up can't reformat it freezes before finishing the loading of drivers and etc.. It freezes also during start up and also in the welcome screen... I can't go to safe mode either it hangs also there before it goes to it's screen.. I already tried the overheating theory and buy myself a new heat sink and a fan but to no avail.. My guess is it wasn't the processor that was overheating it is the on board video when I touched it. Do you guys have a solution for this? That might worked or that really work.. I install a new 333mhz ram 2 of it 512mb.. But then I found out immediately that it wasn't compatible because my AMD Athlon processor have only a bus frequency limit of 266 so I change it back before 24 hrs.. since that this freeze thing keeps on happening. SO do I need to overclock this or something? Even thou I change it back the way they are.. I need a quick solution for this freeze or hang thing it's annoying..

More about : computer hangs start

a c 435 V Motherboard
June 1, 2010 10:21:59 AM

Please list your system specs, including the power supply rails. You can use a cd bootdisk from your hardrive manufacturer or create one by downloading the file and burning a cd. It will find and format your hardrive when other programs don't. Check your hardrive cables carefully to be sure one isn't loose. If your drive still won't complete a format, then it probably is bad and needs replacing. Also try your ram one stick at a time in case one is bad. And your ram frequency is independent of your cpu; check your board specs on it's website. It may work fine with 333 ram. If your ram is high latency (cheap no name quality) then I would suspect this is the problem. Any name brand ram (crucial, micron, corsair, samsung, kingston) should work fine.
m
l
June 5, 2010 4:27:03 PM

But my computer just died, I mean it won't start anymore no power... And the Power Supply have a burn plastic smell and also the chip near the ram smells like it.. Don't know what happen... It just died about 12hrs ago.. lol... I already check the Ram it was fine.. Don't know about the HDD thou.. Ok here are the specs.. This one is old...

CPU- CompaQ Presario S3100NX
S/N: MX312A2226
MOBO- D33007
*Not sure it just say this..
PROC- AMD Athlon AXDA2200DKV3C
PSU - BESTEC Model: ATX-250-12Z REV. : D
MEM - 266 mhz 512mb, 256 mb, DDR
HDD - 80 gig, IDE
* Don't know the Brand Name
OS - WIN XP, SP3
m
l
March 2, 2012 3:48:07 AM

mark19quin said:
My computer Hangs on Start up can't reformat it freezes before finishing the loading of drivers and etc.. It freezes also during start up and also in the welcome screen... I can't go to safe mode either it hangs also there before it goes to it's screen.. I already tried the overheating theory and buy myself a new heat sink and a fan but to no avail.. My guess is it wasn't the processor that was overheating it is the on board video when I touched it. Do you guys have a solution for this? That might worked or that really work.. I install a new 333mhz ram 2 of it 512mb.. But then I found out immediately that it wasn't compatible because my AMD Athlon processor have only a bus frequency limit of 266 so I change it back before 24 hrs.. since that this freeze thing keeps on happening. SO do I need to overclock this or something? Even thou I change it back the way they are.. I need a quick solution for this freeze or hang thing it's annoying..

Ans: Check the capacitor of your motherboard.
m
l
!