Solved

Best motherboard for single GPU solution

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • GPUs
  • Product
Last response: in Motherboards
June 1, 2010 11:43:59 AM

Hey I would like to buy the best motherboard supporting usb3 nd sata 6 but does not waste space on too many PCIe slots since I would like to own a single GPU solution i,e a Geforce gtx 480. I was considering the MSI Big Bang XPower but it is made for a dual or triple GPU solution essentially making me waste my money. So can anyone please recommend a price no bar HQ motherboard for my single gfx solution? Proc will be i7 930 and DDR3 Gskill 6GBRAM.

More about : motherboard single gpu solution

a c 312 V Motherboard
June 1, 2010 12:55:15 PM

Hi.

The big bag Xpower is and expensive mobo for only one GPU.

What is ur budget fo rthe mobo?, for now I suggest to u that go with the ASUS P6X58D-E is a very solid mobo and with a very good future proof.
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
June 1, 2010 3:37:31 PM

Hey guys
Thanks for the replies. Well, like I said my budget is elastic. I can spend for the best one available but the Xpower seemed to be a wastage to me coz I wouldn't use half its features. So now that u know my budget do you still recommend the P6X58D-E or something else?
m
l

Best solution

a c 312 V Motherboard
June 1, 2010 3:43:08 PM

Yeah, i still recommended the P6X58D-E because is a very solid mobo with amazing features and with a solid price.

Now, u also can find the Gigabyte X58A-UD3R for a cheapest price but the problem with this mobo is that don't support USB 3.0 when u use Crossfire or SLI. Maybe u only want a single GPU today but trust me that when Fermi drops his price a little u will want add another GPU.
June 1, 2010 4:28:30 PM

m
l
June 1, 2010 4:28:55 PM

Best answer selected by ankushm999.
m
l