Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Imediate help needed

Last response: in Windows 7
October 10, 2011 11:56:15 AM

I really need help on something.

I have got an xp .iso image but all of my discs are damaged, i think. on my other laptop it reads the disk fine but
on the laptop i want to install xp on wont let me burn the iso. First its because i get the message no disc inserted when i open it in my computer.
on the other laptop it opens fine and says drag & drop files here. but i get no disk in drive message with this laptop. Any ideas????
I want to burn the xp iso but its on the computer that wont read any disks and i cant get a network to work so i cant copy anything to the other laptop.
they are both currently running windows 7. AND WINDOWS 7 SUCKS COZ IT CANT EVEN READ A DISK. i hate 7 now because of this.
Even vista is better than windows 7, or windows suckin more like. please help me as soon as possible.

thanks

More about : imediate needed

a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
October 10, 2011 12:16:00 PM

Use USB stick. To install and/or transfer.
October 10, 2011 12:39:56 PM

if i remember correctly, you can run xp installer from a USB device or copy it onto HDD and run installer from HDD via cmd.

Either way you can format, instal and reinstall it.

reading disks has nothing to do with the OS, its to do with your ODD lense. its either damaged or has a dirty laser/lense.
Related resources
October 10, 2011 9:27:13 PM

how do i copy xp to HDD and run istaller? please give me detailed but simple
instructions

Best solution

a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
October 10, 2011 9:34:35 PM

wonder44 said:
how do i copy xp to HDD and run istaller? please give me detailed but simple
instructions

U don't copy the WinXP to the HDD and run installer. U need to boot from the CD or USB stick...

http://www.tweakhound.com/ditch-those-cds-a-guide-to-us...
October 10, 2011 9:38:21 PM

no need now guys got it working. i burned to dvd with poweriso on the other laptop and it is installing as i speak. how do i close this thread?
October 10, 2011 9:41:23 PM

Best answer selected by wonder44.
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
October 10, 2011 9:47:41 PM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr.
!